News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The New Year

Started by duc-dog, January 02, 2012, 01:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

Well the New Year is upon us;  what's the plan?  OL and I have been fleshing out a schedule of sorts to get the year started. 
       Tentatively we want to get our base schedule of one shoot every three months in Carlsbad Roswell and Alamo started first.    Jimi can you start it off in Carlsbad in Feb??   OL will take March, then April in Alamo.   OL is going to SB a seed in Lubbock/New Deal in April.  Then rotate from there.
       Jerry has his schedule set up for EP so don't plan shoots on his weekends unless it is far enough away and we can get instructors to work it. 
      We also need to get up in ABQ and help out Roy and Dave.  We need to beef up the base in that area.  I think it really hurt us putting so many shoots on the schedule in ABQ and not having enough SB and instructors to work it.
       If the SB does not schedule the shoot,  make sure you have one lined up  so we are not hanging anyone out to dry with no support.  I know we have over tasked Roy in the ABQ area last year.  Let's not let that happen again.
             We have a pretty good base in the south central part of the state.  We need to strengthen that core and expand outwards.  OL, Jerry and Jimi have made inroads on Texas.  With that said, we also need to expand west, north and east in this state.

Please post your ideas and then let's make it happen.

Looking forward to a productive New Year,
                    Milt

If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

JustJeff

Better do a quick roll-call to see who actually kept IT/IIT status after the 'affirmation' link.  I'm no longer considered an 'active IIT' because I won't swear or affirm to anything.  If the PTB determines that they made a mistake and return 'active' status to those who were working last year, then you can count on me to work Alamo and EP again; if not, it was nice working with youse guys.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

Just a note, because I can't start a new thread nor send/reply to private messages:

I just got a PM from Bluefeather, as did a whole list of IITs, asking if I planned on helping out with Appleseed this coming year.  It said to PM HawkHaven if we did, however there is no way for us to do so with our PM ability locked out.  I have Bluefeather's phone # from having to contact her previously, so I was able to call and leave her a message, but I doubt any others sent that PM do.  If any of the instructors, who clicked the 'affirmation' link, intend to regain contact with the 'missing' IITs and Instructors you'll need to find a way to do so outside of AS PMs.  I suggest emails.
Jeff
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

oladcock

We got a club meeting tonight, I'm going to request March 17-18 and May 5-6 for Roswell. That will leave me free to SB Lubbock Apr 20-21 if they want and Milt free to SB the festivities in Alamo.....I hope that'll work?....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

I need to reiterate.....I cannot reply to private messages.
I received a PM from Gideon asking me a question about a comment I made on this thread.  My number is 575443374one.

oladcock

We're a go for the RGC with the dates above. I'll get the paperwork in....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx