News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Doing what's right

Started by COJeepGirl, February 08, 2012, 12:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COJeepGirl

I wanted to take a moment to thank my mentors Jim and Kim-I have been "trying to find myself" for awhile now and I think I finally did it- Appleseed has helped me truly bloom into the Patriot I've always wanted to be. It is not just hanging up your flag and speaking the words, I'm Proud to be an American. It is DOING. Tonight I participated in my neighborhood Caucus and for the 2nd time in my life , (first being donning The Orange Hat) , I knew in my heart, one way or another, I was GOING to make a difference.  I'm pouring my heart out here, because here is where my team is. Team Appleseed! We are all making a difference and I wanted to share these few thoughts with all of you. Thank you! ^:)^

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

scuzzy

Amen sister JeepGirl. I know the feeling. Keep on keeping on what you're doing. Nothing like getting out to a causus and trying to make a difference.

I'll be meeting your mentors this weekend. I can't wait to meet 'em. I bet they're some good people.

Nothing like being in the company of Riflemen. And Riflewomen.  :)

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

R1SGx2

Thank you COJeepGirl,

1. For taking an Orange Hat
2. Believing in Appleseed
3. Being active in Community as our founding fathers
4. For spreading the word.

We need your help, we need the help of so many, this stream ship
needs all the help we can get to turn back around.

Ma'am, Thank you.

mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Sly223

This is What's right,
I know because after involvement of any type with this program,
I feel great!
This has been the best self help program on my planet!
Every day,
I look at the person in the mirror, in a different light,
in that he try's to make a difference,
no matter the size,
something everyday. ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Two Wolves

Excellent post!!  O0  I'm very proud of you  COJeepGIRL for posting from your heart. Appleseed may prove itself to be a vehicle that helps save a nation, but the vehicle needs a motor, that's its volunteers, and a motor needs fuel, and the fuel is that feeling that your experiencing and sharing. SO--FILL'ER UP and let's get going. ~ Two Wolves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVZSp1YqqY
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Colorado Pete

Hope to see ya at some upcoming shoots!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Prone to Knit

Oh, Shawna, dear girl, I heard about your post by Two Wolves when we were down in Dallas and I could hardly wait to get home to read it. So proud of you - you truly get it and that just warms my heart! Thank you for stepping up on several planes.

At one of our instructor dinners I mentioned that maybe 200 years from now people will be talking about this peaceful movement called Appleseed and how we turned this country around. You are now a part of that legacy.

I look forward to working together sliding around in the mud, shivering in the cold, sweating in the heat, staying dry in the snow and rain, keeping it together in the wind and blowing dirt.  Where else can you have so much fun?

Your friend and comrade -

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org