News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Garand Price Increases for 2012

Started by nyrasgt, January 04, 2012, 04:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   Remember "you snooze...etc.?"
As of 3 January, 2012, CMP has raised prices on Garands, as well as shipping for same.
Field grade Garands now start @ $525 + $24.95 shipping = $549.95 minimum.
Service grades start @ $625...with shipping = $649.95...and up.
Greek .30-06 ammo @ $98 per loose 200 rds.
Carbines, M1903/A3 Springfields, M1917 Enfields...out.
  2012 CMP catalog available for download; have requested 2 cases for use @ NY Appleseeds and other PA events.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   FYI the CMP has started shipping cartons of the 2012 catalog; can request via phone or email via their web site.  I requested two cartons (200 cats. per
carton for use  @ PA events and gun show tables, and received them via UPS Thursday, 5 January, 2012.  Outstanding service, even though the prices, particularly of Garands, continue to rise.  Get 'em while you can.
    Still working on the Ruger/TALO 10-22 Appleseed Training Rifle, w. straight butt plate, studs, 1.25" swivels, sling, Tech sights, and 4 mags.  Stay tuned
and start saving your money.  Part of plan is to repurpose the AR15 girl poster, holding the ATR with purchase info.
Excelsior,
madMark

PS  Looks like the  Appleseed denim, button-down shirts will be going through me, although the ordering info may be available via the Appleseed store - again, stay tuned.
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

The Log

Quote from: nyrasgt on January 07, 2012, 04:25:21 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
   FYI the CMP has started shipping cartons of the 2012 catalog; can request via phone or email via their web site.  I requested two cartons (200 cats. per
carton for use  @ PA events and gun show tables, and received them via UPS Thursday, 5 January, 2012.  Outstanding service, even though the prices, particularly of Garands, continue to rise.  Get 'em while you can.
Where on the website can you order bulk catalogs? All I see is a form to order one-offs.

Still working on the Ruger/TALO 10-22 Appleseed Training Rifle, w. straight butt plate, studs, 1.25" swivels, sling, Tech sights, and 4 mags.  Stay tuned
and start saving your money.  Part of plan is to repurpose the AR15 girl poster, holding the ATR with purchase info.
^:)^ I've been waiting for a poster that might be a little more "socially acceptable" in this neck of the woods. Plenty of people I've asked to put up a poster have given me the stink eye once they saw the "evil black rifle" in the AR Girl poster.
PS  Looks like the  Appleseed denim, button-down shirts will be going through me, although the ordering info may be available via the Appleseed store - again, stay tuned.
I'd be interested in a shirt like that. Details?

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

nyrasgt

Log et. al.,
   1)  Email CMP under "contact us" at their website:  custserve@odcmp.com .
   2)  Given the number of both large and small AR15 girl posters that were distributed, and now hang in many sporting goods and gun shops and -smiths' shops, as well as supportive clubs that host Appleseed, redoing the poster with the Appleseed equivalent of the Boy Scout 10-22 AND with information on purchasing the Appleseed Training Rifle, completely ready to go in response to "shooters to the line...your 30 second prep period begins now..." would appear to me to be a very good idea.
  3)  Logistics of the long-sleeved, denim, button-down shirts will progress as quickly as I can get them done.  Would like to see picture of shirt and purchasing info at Riflewoman's Appleseed Store, from where, originally, I thought they'd be sold. They'll be coming from me,which will add the cost of shipping to the price.
  Am trying.
Excelsior,
madMark
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists