News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Strike 3 According to Trisha

Started by neoinarien, December 22, 2011, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoinarien

I thought I would share this, I realize it is a bit belated.

I was at the November Hubertus shoot and Trisha, somehow, managed to integrate zombies into her rendition of the third strike.

So I was just perusing the internets, and I found this picture, which reminded me of the now increasingly famous Zombie Trisha Third Strike.

Just had to share.

(also, everyone really liked the zombies being thrown into the mix: so it played well with the audience!)

asminuteman

red coat wearen, light saber hacking,..undead.....zombies......on battle road!

<----gonna have nightmares
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

George Hacker

Interesting how the light sabres have a festive Christmas color theme going on.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Trisha

Quote from: neoinarien on December 22, 2011, 08:56:52 PM
I thought I would share this, I realize it is a bit belated.

I was at the November Hubertus shoot and Trisha, somehow, managed to integrate zombies into her rendition of the third strike.

So I was just perusing the internets, and I found this picture, which reminded me of the now increasingly famous Zombie Trisha Third Strike.

Just had to share.

(also, everyone really liked the zombies being thrown into the mix: so it played well with the audience!)

Thanks Neo for bringing this up....Jeez. I'm not sure how famous this Zombie third strike is, but ok... :)

The zombie thing was something that slipped out, but at least it worked to keep the audience listening...haha

Xeyed

Ok,

I'll ask the question no one else has. :pop:

Could someone explain how the zombies were fit into the third strike?  Don't' remember any zombies in "Paul Reveres Ride".  :cool2:  But I'm sure it was brilliant extemporaneous improvisation.  ^:)^

But like smurfs and unicorns, not quite sure where they would fit in the story.  :pop: :pop:

But a little artistic flair if  it added impact to the story and woke up some sleeping Americans is a good thing.

We've actually had members from our Local Zombie Hunters Club attend events here. So it would resonate with them.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Old Dog

Well, in today's world, who (in their right mind) would stand up straight and tall and walk (march) slowly towards a group of men with loaded guns?

Sort of looks/sounds/smells like zombies to me.  Think about the zombie movies.  The only difference is the zombies can't help walking towards the guns that shoot them and the folks back then did it on purpose.

How would you feel in a similar situation if you (and/or your friends) shot some of them and the rest just kept walking forwards as you continued to drop them?  At the time yhou might wonder what was wrong with them (to just keeping walking towards death).

Back then it was the way it was done.  Nothing out of the ordinary.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Roland

I really, really want to see those notes.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

neoinarien

Sorry for the late reply on this.

Well, Trisha was talking about how many people could YOU get to grab a rifle and come to the defense of Liberty, the 14,000 call up, etc.  The attendees and all had been joking about zombies during lunch.

So naturally, with waning attention spans, Trisha then remarked something to the affect of: 'If the zombies were to come... how many people could YOU get to come with you?!?!'

That perked people up.  I think there was a second sentence on zombies, unsure. 

But it is important to note that because of bad weather, we had to shoot when we could which resulted in combining strikes 2+3.  So Trisha wasn't boring people, she simply had a lot of information to pass along.

But it was definitely a 'first' for me and Appleseed to hear zombies come up.  To her credit, it played GREAT and everyone perked up and laughed.

JoeZ

A little Zombie fun with the family over Christmas break.

Check out  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6OMlIm6L2E&feature=youtu.be

Thank you Trisha for the inspiration.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

neoinarien

Quote from: JoeZ on January 05, 2012, 11:20:52 PM

EXCELLENT video Joe!  This should be screened at EVERY Appleseed.  7th step?!

So Joe: the big question now is which patch to award to everyone there?

Also conveniently available in tan, black, and olive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Response-Team-Zombie-Hand-Patch-/160559386341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256215cee5

or

(no linkable image)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Response-Team-Green-Black-Badge-Patch-/150677554659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23151505e3

I think Trisha gets the first Zombie Patch in recognition of her efforts to reach out and be more inclusive of the recently deceased and reanimated demographics.

dragonfly

A Family that kills Zombies together stays together  O0 WELL DONE EVERYONE.
Better than any dopey video game  :wall: .

D-fly

Quote from: JoeZ on January 05, 2012, 11:20:52 PM

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Trisha

Joe and Neo this is awesome. Who would've guessed that mentioning zombies in a strike would result in a whole family going out shooting at some zombies and a patch?!

Glad to know I can inspire someone.... ;)

Johnnyappleseed

Trisha ,
Your always an inspiration ! Good work  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Nickle

That reference to zombies is pretty slick. Not the first time I've heard it used before, but always a good one.

By the way, I've been a member of the Zombie Squad myself, back a few years ago. (For those that didn't know, that's the proper term for the zombie hunters forum.)

Good job using it. You got their attention, and you brought the strike to modern life, in a harmless way. I mean, who could be offended by people fighting zombies?
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

nyrasgt

Possibly the zombies...on their forum?  Anybody think to check?
They do have their own cable series...so would observe that, vs. Project Appleseed, zombies are ahead on points - and audience...
Excelskor,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846