News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Chaplin - March 24-25, 2012 Status & Task List

Started by The Log, December 16, 2011, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Chaplin Appleseed - March 24-25, 2012
Last Updated: March 26, 2012

Event Information

Date:March 24-25, 2012
Shoot Boss:vernic82
Instructors/IITs:TOMINCT, CortJestir (Sun), davidgw1, Lymiseede (Sat), CaptMac (Sun), freedomwon (Sat)
Pre-Registrations: 35/35 SOLD OUT!!
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26661.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2631663376
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hat(s) needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

And suddenly, we have movement - four shooters today!

</log>

vernic82

wow!  Yup at least 3 are from the connection I made to the D.A.R.

I have 8-10 people telling me they are registering but......
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

Selling fast and furious now! Six slots sold today alone. Whatever you're doing - keep doing it! And put it in a bottle so the rest of us can use it. O0

</log>

The Log

Two more today! Got an email from one of them re: a loaner. Email enroute to Vernic.

</log>

The Log

Looks like Vernic is going to need a hand out in Chaplin. Who's going to step up?

</log>

The Log

Nice jump overnight - three more shooters! Plus I heard from a couple of UConn shooters who want to go, but need rifles.

Now, we're not going to let these dozen or so outstanding Americans down, are we? Who's going to step up and help Vernic82 out?

~~:) ~~:)

</log>

The Log

TOMINCT will be making the trip out to Chaplin to help Vernic82 out :bow:

Anyone else want to keep them company?

Thanks Tom!!

</log>

The Log

Now we're hauling them in - up to 14 shooters! Sounds like fun. Anyone else going to sign up to work this one?

</log>

The Log

Two weeks out and 16 shooters signed up! Almost half way to a sellout! Let's keep the momentum going!!

And let's not leave all the glory to Tom and Fred! C'mon, Connecticut - step up!!

</log>

The Log

The Log

Only a dozen more shooters and this will be another CT sell-out!  ^:)^

I hear Fred's secret selling point has been to promise shooters autographed stills from his recent TV spot.  :))

Now that we're up to 23, let's get Fred and Tom some help. CJ stepped up for Sunday - who's going to pitch in on Saturday?

</log>

The Log

Only 8 slots left!! Are we going to have a sellout here? You bet!! Let's stay with it - less than a week to go!!

</log>

The Log

ONLY FOUR SLOTS LEFT!!!  :cool2:

Yeah, Eventbrite says two, but I checked with TruT and there are two RWVA memberships. But still...

ONLY FOUR SLOTS LEFT!!!  :cool2:

And this from a shoot that didn't appear that it was going to sell ANY slots a mere couple of weeks ago. Good work, everyone!

And just a little heads up on what works for promotions - eight of the shooters listed "a friend or relative " as how they heard about AS. Only two listed the TV news spot - sorry, Fred and Mac. Five shooters listed an Appleseed volunteer as how they heard  O0, and four were through a gun club's newsletter.

Let's go! Keep up the good work and let's make this CTs biggest sellout since I-can't-remember-when!!

</log>

The Log

Ladies and gentlemen...

WE HAVE ANOTHER SELLOUT!!!

This is the third sellout for CT so far this year!! And it's a huge line by CT standards - 35 shooters. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the biggest shoot in CT since October 2010 at Blue Trail. Fred was Shoot Boss for that one, too, IIRC.

Way to go, Team CT! Let's try to apply the same magic to Blue Trail - still a bunch of slots left for that one, and if we sell it out, we'll be 4 for 5 in 2012 sellouts.

But first, let's put on a heck of a shoot for these 35 eager Americans.

</log>

freedomwon

I will be there for Sat with my usual collection. I have spoken w/Fred so he knows. I will post today w/instructor scheduling. Looks like a great crowd. It is becoming very obvious that we will be full at ALL our events this year.
Check me off for "Fred" duty! Phil