News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Traning in Illinois

Started by 2 clicks low, December 13, 2011, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

If I can get away from work I'll be there representing Ioway.
I'll have to keep an eye open for firmer date/location info.
Fearful but resolute.

BrownBessEd

Very intersted, but have prior conflict on Sat 25th....bummer!!

John Boch

FWIW, I was trying to line Redneck Medic up at the Dewitt Co Sportsmen's Club on March 25 as a GSL sponsored event.  Haven't heard back from him.  If he's available that date, I'd be happy to turn the date & location over to Appleseed as we're getting a little tighter lead-time than I'm comfortable with to adequately promote the class through GSL.

The only costs I know of would be a $150 facility rental fee.  Good quality lunches could probably be provided for an additional $5-7 per person, compliments of DCSC members at the facility.  The range building there has just been cleaned out as of last Saturday and looks 100% better.

As for the training, I had both tactical treatment of GSWs and Redneck's class in Indy back in November/December.  I won't re-attend, but could probably be cajoled into assisting either DCSC or Matt in the logistics if it's on the 25th of March.

Just food for thought.

John

dond

We are trying to make arrangements for the AS medical event to be on Saturday, March 24 with a venue which won't cost anything. We hope to have the arrangements settled soon. This seems to be a date which is acceptable to Redneck Medic.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Miller

I'll pencil the date on my calender.
And if anybody is keeping track of interested people they can mark me down as an almost certain.
Fearful but resolute.

Tornado

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Certified Medical Training in Illinois will be held Saturday, March 24th in Bloomington, IL at  the American Legion Hall. This invaluable training is being provided by Redneckmedic who has graciously agreed to travel to IL to provide a class similar to the one he did in Indiana last December.  O0 

When: Saturday, March 24th
Time: 9:00 AM Central
               2505 Fox Creek Rd
               Bloomington, IL 61705
               (directions below)

Cost: $50/ea.

We are going to open this up to any Instructors, IIT's, friends and family members with an initial cap of 20 attendees.

You can see how invaluable those who attended the Indiana training thought this was in the IAAR here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26727.0H

DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND!!!

Please respond if you are going to attend this training. We'll need name and forum name (if there is one) of all attendees. We will send you a PM to let you know your seat(s) is reserved.

Look forward to seeing you.

-Tornado

Attendees:
Tornado
Amber Waves
Miller
2 clicks low
George63
+1
+1

Directions:

From the West of Bloominton:
* Travel I-74 W toward Bloomington, IL
* Take exit 134B for I-55 Loop N/Veterans Pkwy toward Airport
* Merge onto Interstate 55 Business Loop N/S Veterans Pkwy
* Turn left onto Fox Creek Rd
* Destination will be on the RIGHT

From the East of Bloominton:
* Travel I-74 E toward Bloomington, IL
* Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-55 S/I-74 E
  /St Louis/Indianapolis and merge onto I-55 S/I-74 E
* Slight left onto I-74 E
* Take exit 134B for I-55 Loop N/Veterans Pkwy

From the North of Bloominton:
* Travel I-55 S toward Bloomington, IL
* Slight left onto I-74 E       
* Take exit 134B for I-55 Loop N/Veterans Pkwy 

From the South of Bloomington:
* Travel I-55 N toward Bloominton, IL
* Take exit 157A-157B for Interstate 55 Business Loop N
  /Veterans Pkwy/I-74/US-51 toward Decatur/Indianapolis
* Take exit 157B on the left for Interstate 55 Business N/Veterans Pkwy

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Miller

Put me on the list please.
Fearful but resolute.

2 clicks low

Please add me to the list.
Ron Berg
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

2 clicks low

Anyone around Chicago want to split ride and gas?
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

John Boch

For anyone pondering whether or not they should get this training:  Do it.

I spent close to $200 to get similar training from Fortress Defense (a little more tactical and a little less general first aid) and a week or two later took the Redneck Medic class.  I'm very glad I took both.  Redneck did a fine job tailoring a medical class for Appleseed that will serve you well should you ever need this information (and if you teach enough, long enough, you'll need the info).

The "market" price / value for this sort of training is much higher than the $50 being asked in this class.

John

Tornado

We are 3 weeks out from the Medical Training and have only 6/20 slots filled for this invaluable training.

How many times have we been to an Appleseed where there were no medically trained attendees (for me yesterday & today)? This training fills a critical gap in being prepared to handled issues on the line. Remember the life saved may be your own. Please check your schedule and commit to be there if at all possible.

Thanks,

-Tornado

George Rogers Clark

John Boch

I didn't think it was gonna be hard to max out this class.

If you want to open it to non AS instructors, I (or you, Tornado) can promo it at the next Guns Save Life meeting.

John

Tornado

Let's open it up and promote it at the meeting Tues. night.

Thanks.

George Rogers Clark

Swamp Thing

Dangit dangit dangit!

I'm SBIT'ing that weekend.

Please make these an ongoing series.  :bow:

Personally, I'd drive about 500 miles one way to attend.

ST

George63

Tornado

The Medical Training for this Saturday is cancelled. We needed to fill more seats. We will try to offer it again in the future at a time that hopefully has less conflicts.

-Tornado

George Rogers Clark

Miller

All y'all that didn't sign up stink.

>:(
Fearful but resolute.