News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Traning in Illinois

Started by 2 clicks low, December 13, 2011, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

RedNeckMedic has agreed to take the show on the road to Illinois.
We are looking (not yet firm) at the last weekend in Feb, 25 or 26. Location will be somewhere in central Illinois TBD.

This is something we ALL MUST HAVE. Call it disaster planning. We will train for it and pray we never need it. But keep in mind, most ranges we use are in the middle of nowhere and it's a long way, both time and distance to the ER.

The cost will be minimal, RNM's charge and $5 more or less to rent a room.

Respond here with either a "Yes I'll be there come hell or high water" or the date you graduated Medical School, Nursing School, or EMT Training.

Remember, the life you save may be mine.

Thanks
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

mtbrass

Great news. I will have to wait until closer to time to  see if I can attend but glad you are setting it up. O0

Patriot Gal

Glad to hear about it.  We'll plan on it

O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

AuntieBellum

Fantastic - I missed the Indiana one this past weekend, so I could potentially be in.  So far I don't have anything on the schedule for that weekend.  Once you firm up the date and location, I can firm up my availability!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

George63

Quote from: 2 clicks low on December 13, 2011, 10:18:26 AM
We are looking (not yet firm) at the last weekend in Feb, 25 or 26. Location will be somewhere in central Illinois TBD.

This is something we ALL MUST HAVE. Call it disaster planning. We will train for it and pray we never need it. But keep in mind, most ranges we use are in the middle of nowhere and it's a long way, both time and distance to the ER.

Respond here with either a "Yes I'll be there come hell or high water" or the date you graduated Medical School, Nursing School, or EMT Training.

Remember, the life you same may be mine.

Thanks
2cl

does this cover adverse reactions to cats?

2 clicks low

Quote from: George63 on December 13, 2011, 02:04:47 PM

Thanks
2cl

I hope so.

2 clicks low

Quote from: AuntieBellum on December 13, 2011, 01:57:16 PM
Fantastic - I missed the Indiana one this past weekend, so I could potentially be in.  So far I don't have anything on the schedule for that weekend.  Once you firm up the date and location, I can firm up my availability!

Boarder raiders welcome.

Tornado

Count me in.  Nightingale may have started soccer by then so, we'll play it by ear with her.   O0
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Amber Waves

Cooper

May 5, 1986 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine   :cool2:

I'd be coming to the class anyway, except that I'll be at a wilderness medicine course in the Rockies that week.  >:D

I'll catch a different AS class asap, keep up the GREAT work!!!!  O0 O0 O0

Quote from: 2 clicks low on December 13, 2011, 02:20:18 PM

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

2 clicks low

Cooper,
As always, you make my day.
2cl

Quote from: Cooper on December 15, 2011, 11:59:53 AM
May 5, 1986 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine   :cool2:

I'd be coming to the class anyway, except that I'll be at a wilderness medicine course in the Rockies that week.  >:D

I'll catch a different AS class asap, keep up the GREAT work!!!!  O0 O0 O0

Quote from: 2 clicks low on December 13, 2011, 02:20:18 PM

**) Wondered who would notice this.  **)

RBKL

Castle Mountain

I can bring one of our Siamese and we can find out. **) ^:)^ ^:)^

%)
Quote from: George63 link=topic=26722.msg203020#msg203020 daste=1323799487

Thanks
2cl

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Shooter30-06

AK and I would like to attend.  We will not be bringing any cats.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

wooldl

Keep me in the loop on location/date/etc. please. I'd like to make it.

wooldl
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

Yogi

I'll put it on my calendar, please keep me in the loop as it firms up.

Karl

Count Myself and Viper as interested.....The more notice the better for scheduling purposes.

Thank you for setting this up..

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Patriot Gal

Castle Mountain will NOT be bringing the Siamese cat!!!   >:( !@#)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Mike38

If it's close enough to me, (Princeton, IL) and I'm free that day, I can assist. I'm not much for public speaking, but if you need a hand, e-mail me. flattrack38(at)live.com I can bring my trama bag for "show and tell". I'm a Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed Emergency Medical Responder. FRD-AED-CPR. I.D. #060341617.

BTW, if it matters, I am a Appleseed Rifleman.  :---
"Iesus Nazarenas Rex Iudaeorum"

Patriot Gal

Nice to have you in our neck of the woods, Mike!!!  O0

Quote from: Mike38 on December 23, 2011, 05:07:28 AM
If it's close enough to me, (Princeton, IL) and I'm free that day, I can assist. I'm not much for public speaking, but if you need a hand, e-mail me. flattrack38(at)live.com I can bring my trama bag for "show and tell". I'm a Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed Emergency Medical Responder. FRD-AED-CPR. I.D. #060341617.

BTW, if it matters, I am a Appleseed Rifleman.  :---

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

CommonSenseGuy

Couple questions...

Is this just for rwva members/instructors? And is there some kind of class description?

This sounds like some worthwhile training, but I am not a member. (I have not yet been to an Appleseed -- but I hope to attend soon)

2 clicks low

Quote from: CommonSenseGuy on December 28, 2011, 10:37:54 PM
Couple questions...

Is this just for rwva members/instructors? And is there some kind of class description?

This sounds like some worthwhile training, but I am not a member. (I have not yet been to an Appleseed -- but I hope to attend soon)

It is first aid, CPR, general first aid and trauma. For a better discription look in the Indiana State board. Same traning they had last month, same instructor.

While this is intended for AS Instructors I believe it may be open if there are spaces left. If you will PM me your contact info I will let you know if a space is available and if the instructor approves. He is doing this for us at a BIG discount so what he says goes.

2 clicks low

redneckmedic

Patriot Gal

Redneckmedic,

Thanks so much for being willing to bring your training over to Illinois.  Since there is obviously some good interest from instructors in both Illinois and Indiana, I would suggest you send a PM to dond, who is the SC in Il, to get everything squared away and the training scheduled.   O0

Thanks for bringing up the topic, 2 clicks low!  O0

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!
Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

2 clicks low

Quote from: Patriot Gal on January 02, 2012, 04:37:07 PM
Redneckmedic,

Thanks so much for being willing to bring your training over to Illinois.  Since there is obviously some good interest from instructors in both Illinois and Indiana, I would suggest you send a PM to dond, who is the SC in Il, to get everything squared away and the training scheduled.   O0

Thanks for bringing up the topic, 2 clicks low!  O0

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!
Patriot Gal

Thanks PG
Not sure what your point is but I have been tasked with doing this and have been keeping dond and tornado in the loop from square one.

2cl

Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Brown

Everyone in AS needs to take advantage of this from RedNeckMedic. I went to the training here in IN last month and for the cost  VS amount of information you recieve a person would have to be brain dead not to take advantage of this.

take whatever steps needed to attend this class. VERY well worth it
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

dond

Everyone should indeed take advantage of this training. However, some unforeseen problems have developed with the date and the location. In addition, although 2 clicks low has done an admirable job of organizing this event and should be commended for it, he has resigned from this task. Therefore, the event has been postponed.

All of these problems are being addressed and will be resolved. It is important that this task be carried through to completion. Please stay tuned.  O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

SPQR

do you guys have someone tasked as a training coordinator yet? 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken