News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A First for Maine

Started by The Old Guide, December 13, 2011, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Maine has its first Orange Hat. Maggie shot Rifleman at Columbia and took the hat! We have a good crew going in Maine. There were 19 shooters on Saturday and 17 on Sunday. Two shooters had to leave for a tactical situation out of town. In 2011 we doubled the number of shoots in Maine and we'll do it again in 2012.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

hawkhavn

Rock on!
Can't wait to see what 2012 looks like!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

The Old Guide

Too quick on the return button. That was supposed to read our first LADY orange hat.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

edward

Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club schedules Smallbore Appleseed shoot for APR 21 & 22 but no Maine shoots are listed on www.appleseedinfo.org    :~  It will be #4 for me, and I know the girl who holds the record with nine shoots to rifleman.  Count me in. 

Josey Wales

..Great Job Maine..  Me and VietVet would love to come up and visit in 2012.

......Strength & Honor................Josey Wales.............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

NhLibertas

Maggie, congratulations, and welcome!

Sounds like you all are building some momentum up there in the north!

Roger, let me know when there are shoots happening that are in the southern part of the state that you could use an orange hat for, I would like to come up to participate in one.
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

The Old Guide

No certain dates yet, but there will be shoots in North Berwick, Augusta and Freeman Township. Watch the Instructor Schedule. Monmouth is also pending. Lots going on in Maine for 2012.

Very fine back pack you have there. ;-)

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

NhLibertas

Thank you for the update! I will keep an eye on the schedule, it would be a pleasure to come up if I can make it work.
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton