News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Whittington Appleseed Honorable Mention on Survivalbog.com

Started by nmmi9100, November 20, 2011, 02:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcmartin1

The article also encourages new shooters to first buy a .22 rifle as a training aid and survival tool.

What a novel concept.   :cool2:
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

TaosGlock

And the good thing is that 'Appleseed' now pops up fairly often over at JW Rawles' Survivalblog site!
BF and I just finished reading JWR last book, Survivors.

The NRA WC Appleseed event the author in the link attended was here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13363.msg110723#msg110723

-snip-
"I agree wholeheartedly with your recommendation to seek affordable training through the Appleseed program. My wife and I were privileged to participate in the Appleseed event presented at the NRA Whittington Center a couple of years ago, and found it to be excellent marksmanship and safety training as well as a wonderful historical learning experience. At the end of the program, the range master told the story of a "dangerous old man" in the Revolution, and presented Rifleman patches to me and another "seasoned citizen". One of the many Boy Scouts in attendance blurted out: "Wow, look, two dangerous old men!"
-snip-

The other "seasoned" DOM the author mentions is Bill Black, one our IIT's. Bill spends much of his time teaching marksmanship for the Navy.

Thanks for finding that David!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

nmmi9100

Dan:

I remember that shoot.  That was the one where we couldn't get out to Del Norte due to mud so I headed up to Raton on Saturday afternoon.

Me too on the Rawles books.  Read "Survivors" the week it came out.  Then read "Patriots" again (been a year or so).  Then read "Survivors" again for good measure.  Rawles is entertaining the first read, instructive on the second.

-David
Edgewood, NM