News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Colebrook - December 3/4, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by The Log, September 13, 2011, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Colebrook Appleseed - December 3/4, 2011
Last Updated: December 07, 2011

Event Information

Location:The Northwestern CT Sportsmen's Association - Colebrook, CT
Date:December 3-4, 2011
Shoot Boss:The Log
Instructors/IITs:Glock23, freedomwon, Who_Me?, Old Ironsights
Pre-Registrations: 12/14
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19594.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1512328415
Flyer Download: Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (The Log)
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

Better check my supply of Winterseed patches...

Only 6 slots left, and we're still two months out from the shoot? Colebrook sure brings out the hardy Americans of the Northwest Corner. Let's keep up the effort and get this sold out!

Don't forget to heed Glock23's recent missive on Winterseed preps. Remember the Seven Ps: "Proper prior planning prevents 'pathetically' poor performance."

</log>

freedomwon

I signed up today for this shoot. Look forward to getting back out on the range with you all and working with a good crowd. With any luck I will have two families on board to go as well. I still talk us up every where I go. I'll help set up and bring the usual. I won't be prepared for any advancement at this shoot (currently IIT3), but will help with what ever you need. Big day tomorrow, TUE 8th, go vote!

The Log

Sounds great - thanks for stepping up! And if you sell the final five slots, I'll double your pay. Heck, I'll triple it  >:D

Good luck today - let us know how it goes...

</log>

The Log

~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Alright folks - a week and a half out, and five spots left. This is Colebrook - we always sell out Colebrook in December! Let's pick up the effort and sell this one. Please work the forums - both the shooters at HGC on Sunday said they found out about AS on either The High Road or The Firing Line.

</log>

The Log

One more sold - four slots left for a sell out! Who's going to be the one to do it?

The weather is looking fabulous for this weekend, and Mr. Log is providing chili and cornbread, chocolate banana cake, and maybe even a coconut custard pie as a special incentive to Glock23. Fine weather, fine eating, and fine shooting - what better way to wrap up 2011?

</log>

The Log

Almost there - only 2 slots left!! Let's go for a sell out O0

Keep on selling...

</log>

Old Ironsights

Keep your fingers crossed, we may have a walk on and his son tomorrow.  A buddy of mine is starting to get interested in exercising his 2nd amendment rights.
The USS Constitution:  Pride of the U.S. Fleet.  Named by George Washington.  Built in Boston. Earned her nickname fighting the British.  She is a Frigate - fast, light, carrying just enough firepower to get her job done, yet not so much as to encumber.

In 1830, the Secretary of the Navy declared her unfit for service.  Destined to be scuttled, the PEOPLE would not have it!  The barnacles slowing her were scraped, she was re-fit, and returned to her original glory.  Thrice more over the years, the PEOPLE restored her.

Now, she is the oldest floating commissioned naval vessel in the world.  In 2010 she celebrated her 213th birthday.

How appropriate her name.  I have faith in We The People!