News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Georgia Schedule for 2012

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, November 25, 2011, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

So far the only events I see scheduled for Georgia are here at OTFM in Rising Fawn. Anyone have an idea when the schedule for other sites for the rest of the year will be added to the schedule?

"Ramblinwreck"
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

DrJohn

Ramblinwreck raises an important point, the schedule for 2012. Friedenmeister gave me the job of helping coordinate the 2012 schedule when he left the country for a while, and I take responsibility for not moving faster on this. Here's the status so far.

Toccoa is questionable because I have been unable to reach the range rep for discussion, but they have been most cooperative and I expect we will have an Appleseed event there the first weekend of June and the first weekend of September. The Georgia Mountain Shooting Assoc. will in any event not be able to give us definite dates until their board meeting in January.

Dublin is a definite for Feb. 5-6. I will see the range rep next weekend and will will try to arrange a weekend in October also.

Augusta is set. This is of yesterday afternoon. We have Feb. 11-12, May 19-20, and Aug. 11-12, 2012.

Waco will in all likelihood have an event April 21-22, plus the first or second weekend of June and September.

Elberton is still questionable, but I understand they are definitely coming on board. In that event, we will try for a weekend in October, possibly one or two more.

Valdosta, same as Elberton. We will attempt to get April 21-22, as well as a weekend in May and one in November or December.

Rising Fawn and Ramblinwreck have been most cooperative. We have the weekends of May 12-13 and October 20-21. I should note that there is a range under construction about a mile from On Target at Fox Mountain, berms out to 800 yards so far, and they are eager to get Appleseed involvement. I would suggest that might be an ideal venue for an instructor-only Actual Distance Clinic in July, 2012, a month we had decided to spare our "regular" students because of the fierce Georgia summer heat. Shouldn't be so much a problem for our instructor core, a tough and hardy lot!

Also, Catoosa, far in the mountains, has been taught by Tn_Col and his Tennessee crew. We have a great crew of Georgia instructors now, and may be able to take this off his hands for next year.

Which leads me to ask for input. I think we ought to use July for something besides a summer "breather". What do all of you think? It seems we ought to have some kind of instructor camp, either RBC (3 or 5-day format), IBC, or instructor-only KDC. I would opt for the KDC. We don't often get the chance to shoot out to actual distance, and many of us might like to take the opportunity to zero our favorite "using" centerfire rifle "way on out there", and to learn how to teach this most valuable skill to our students, which is what the 25-meter .22 LTR thing is leading up to.

Second matter I require input is whether we should have some kind of social event for the Georgia Appleseed "family" this year. I think Appleseed is far more than marksmanship, even more than about heritage and Liberty. I see the Appleseed program as building an alternative institution, like family, and I think we should consider how to get together and enjoy our brotherhood and sisterhood as well. At least once during the year. Any ideas or input gratefully accepted.

That's about it. We all look forward to having our brother Friedenmeister back in the country tomorrow.

In Liberty,

DrJohn
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

TheIronMantis

Thanks for the update Dr. John.  I look forward to coming down to Augusta in 2012.

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks Dr. John,
I'm up for all of the above (below?) especially the instructor-only KD shoot at the new range nearby. Maybe we could somehow combine the KD with a IBC if my fellow instructors can commit that much time. I'll host the cookout if everyone eats hotdogs.  ;D

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Morpheus

Thank you Dr. John,

I am very interested in a KD shoot and/or IBC. I know Red Niva (Hannah) and I would relish the chance at shooting 300+ yards( ??800yds?? really? :o) Set the date and place and we will be there.

I am also interested in as many Toccoa shoots as possible but I will go where I must to increase my opportunities to change the color of my hat O0.

In regards to the social gathering options, it sounds like Ramblinwreck more or less proposed a BBQ/IBC/KD shoot. Sounds like fun. But if you want to get together without shooting(can we do that??) we would be happy to do that as well. Maybe a day at Stone Mtn. or some other convenient location?

Looking forward to Dublin next week!

steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

PHenry

QuoteIt seems we ought to have some kind of instructor camp, either RBC (3 or 5-day format), IBC, or instructor-only KDC. I would opt for the KDC.

How does a lowly Florida Cracker get in on this ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

brianf31

There will be a Macon shoot at Marion Road Gun Club on 17-18 March 2012.

KDC would be great. Not sure I can see out to 800, though :(
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

StoneDog

I'd be up for either an IBC (OldFudd is on my back to earn that red hat!!) or a KDC assuming there's plenty of advanced notice.
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams