News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pacific Northwest Promotions

Started by George Hacker, December 07, 2011, 02:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Montana instructors, IITs, and Applecore,

I am currently working on coordinating promotional events for Project Appleseed in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.  Let me give you a glimpse of some of the things I have in the works.

Introductory e-mails have been sent to homeschool conventions in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.  The Idaho convention has responded and there may be an opportunity to give a presentation to a workshop or to the whole convention.  We also may be able to put together a display table in their exhibition hall.  Negotiations continue with respect to that event.  The Oregon and Washington events haven't responded yet but I will continue to follow up.

Please pencil these events in your calendars:

• June 1-2 @ Nampa, Idaho
  • June 15-16 @ Puyallup, Washington
  • June 22-23 @ Portland, Oregon

These dates are strategic because they are just weeks before the 4th of July (in 3 of the top 4 populated areas in the Pacific Northwest).  I attended my first Appleseed last summer on the July 4th weekend because that holiday was meaningful to me.  Sadly, most Americans don't have a clue about April 19th so let's use the 4th of July to help teach them.

So what can you do to help?  :sos:

• Plan your calendar around one of the above events and let me know if you would be willing to volunteer
  • Help me identify another event (gun show, libraryseed, etc) in your area that you would work before April 19th
  • Help identify promotional opportunities in Montana
  • Become active on the https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed facebook page
  • Share how you are already 7th stepping and share success stories

I hope each of us will volunteer for 1 or 2 promotional events this year.  I'm sure our efforts will wake up some sleeping Americans and translate to new shooters on the line, some of whom will take orange hats, then red hats...

Let's take Appleseed promotions in the Pacific Northwest to the next level in 2012.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."