News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA - Nov 19-20, 2011

Started by BaldDragn, November 23, 2011, 01:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

We had twenty shooters on the line this weekend with quite a few boy scouts and their fathers.

On Saturday was a challenge to make up for the hour lost due to winter hours and make sure we provided the level of training we are accustomed to. Not to be outdone Sunday came in with some 20 to 30 MPH gusts that claimed one pop up and removed a folding chair that may have ended up in the next town.

Our first Rifleman was George on Saturday. He posted a huge 236 on his first AQT at his first Appleseed. Nice Work!

On Sunday 7 shooters returned and three others showed up for their first Appleseed. We had two people take home Rifleman patches. Lagboy's brother Jason posted a nice 220 at the same time that the shooter formerly known as Matt, know known as "3 Shot", also posted a 220.

The boy scouts were great to work with as always and everybody did a great job taking in the instruction and history.

A Special thanks to E-dog, Lag Boy, Furrow Foot, and Nuke Chaser for making it work once again this weekend. You guys did  a great job.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Lagboy

I would Also like to congratulate Tony for attaining the status of rifleman during his first AS with a score of 226 on Sunday!!  ^:)^

I had an awesome first time as an IIT!! It is too bad i'll miss the December, But but I will be sure to return in January!!  ;D

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Lagboy

Now for some photos from the shoot including baldDragn demonstrating the rifleman's "table" dance.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Lagboy

and here are our three new riflemen of Sunday afternoon.
3Shot formally known as Matt, Jason, And Tony.

Apparently I only thought to take pictures on Sunday  ++) .
If any one took pictures on Saturday please post em'

-Sir Winston Churchill

3shot

Just wanted to thank all of you guys for coming out and providing top notch instruction along with some important history. My Dad and I had a great time, and I'm sure we'll be back to improve and preserve our skills.

Matt aka 3shot