News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Opportunity to speak

Started by 7.62er, November 10, 2011, 12:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7.62er

I went to the Lubbock Ducks Unlimited banquet last night and met a gentleman from Austin who became very interested in Appleseed.  He is a member of Austin Woods and Waters club and he wanted to know if we had anyone who would come and speak for them at one of their meetings.
  There are also clubs in Houston and Dallas and he requested contacts from those areas--hey, who can turn down a free meal?
  The Austin club website is: http://www.austinwoodsandwaters.com/pages/contacts.html
  One statement from their website says, "AWWC is dedicated to "passing on the heritage" of the outdoors experience to the younger generations and to the conservation of our wildlife resources."
  If anyone in those areas is interested, let me know and I'll give you his email.
  He was really very interested.
  Heretic.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

scuzzy

I just emailed all the Texas instructors to see if anybody could do this.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

scuzzy

I found you a speaker. His forum name is didactic. You can PM didactic here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=542

I'm also about to PM you to make sure you see this.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

7.62er

Thanks, gentlemen.

If anyone in DFW area or Houston is interested in speaking in their area, let me know.

heretic.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

olarmy58

Is there anyone in the Bryan - College Station area who would like to speak at the Rotary Club of College Stationi.