News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Let's Welcome our New IITs in Illinois!!!!

Started by Patriot Gal, November 07, 2011, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Please join me in welcoming our newest group of IITs.  They all made the decision to "step up" and join the Appleseed IIT ranks this weekend at the shoot in Chillicothe.

They are:

Hasenpheffer -  Bruce has attended 3 previous Appleseeds and has scored Rifleman both right and left handed!! He came down to the shoot only to help us out so when offered the orange hat of the IIT as a result, he graciously took it!!  Fortunate for us! He worked the line on Sat.

Lordjoker -  I held John's Rifleman patch for him from last month at Chillicothe when he hit 209.  This time he made it and took his hat!! He promptly went to work on the line the rest of Sunday.

Brother_COM - Glen came back on Sun. to ensure his daughter's Rifleman score from Sat. was correct (Brittany) and ended up achieving Rifleman along with his other daughter,  Jenny!!!  Well done dad and daughters.  He was willing to step up to take the Orange hat to do what he could for the mission of Appleseed! Thanks!

Cameron (RapidFire)- Came to his first shoot last month with a bolt gun.  This time he used a more "user-friendly" rifle so he could show HIS rifleman skills to shoot a #216 and re-qualify all in the same day!  He wanted to help as an IIT, but had to wait for his mother to give her consent when she came to pick him up.  He will be attending shoots in the area  under the direction of Lordjoker1977.

Welcome to all of you!!!  Thanks for steppin' up and taking that orange hat.  May you have a long, rewarding walk with us along the Appleseed Trail!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

hawkhavn

Wow! What a crop of new IL IITs for the weekend!
Congratulations and welcome all!
Looks like DonD needs to be looking at an IIT sometime soon...  :)

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Patriot Gal

Yep!  We've got a nice group of new IIT0-IIT2 right now.  I count 22 but I could be still missing a few people on the list.
12 IIT0, 6 IIT1, and 4 IIT2s.  Total IITs are 35.  Total instructor corps numbers 47 including our Master Instructor State Coordinator, plus 3 additional AC folks and our RC.  That's a grand total of 51. Nice!  ^:)^

This is great!  This is the most IITs we've had ever in Illinois!!! O0

We are in the process of getting an IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) scheduled for January 2012.  Stay tuned, more information to come...soon!!!

So "Center Up!" all you new IITs, and everyone else for that matter!  An IBC is a great opportunity to meet your instructor peers in the state, learn excellent instruction techniques and feel more confident of your ability to instruct new shooters on the line.  You'll all want to be there. (Plus, I believe we'll be able to sneak in a little KD shooting!!!)

Patriot Gal  :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Jungle George

Hey what about Dan Steele of Ouincy,IL  that earned his riflemans patch and took an Orange hat on Sunday which was his second AS shoot in Bowling Green,MO  see after action report for Bowling Green.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

George Hacker

Hasenpheffer, Lordjoker, Brother_COM, Cameron (RapidFire), and Dan,

Welcome, gentlemen, to the ranks of Appleseed IITs.  Thank you so much for stepping up to help!   ..:..

I hope your journey on the Appleseed trail is as encouraging and meaningful as mine is.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Karl

Congrats to the new IITs.........Hope to see everyone soon......it just so happens that the last AS in Illinois for 2011 is at Waterman Dec. 3&4. You are welcome to sign up for that shoot.

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Patriot Gal

Hey!!!  Welcome to Dan Steele!!!  Glad to have you on board!   O0

I hope dond was included in the Instructor Promotions PM so we can include him on our instructor listing.

Thanks for the heads up, George!
Patriot Gal

Quote from: Jungle George on November 07, 2011, 07:50:42 PM
Hey what about Dan Steele of Ouincy,IL  that earned his riflemans patch and took an Orange hat on Sunday which was his second AS shoot in Bowling Green,MO  see after action report for Bowling Green.

JG

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Tornado

I'd like to congratulate and welcome our new IITs in Illinois. Look forward to working with you.  O0

Also, 2 more to add from this last weekend at Bonfield. Please welcome as the newest Illinois IITs:

1) Amber Waves. Blue Hat who has shot at 8 Appleseeds. She achieved a Rifleman score in McLean in August and I wanted to see her shoot another Rifleman score before giving her the Orange Hat. She scored a 211 to re-qualify Sunday.

2) Jon. He shot at his 8th Appleseed Sunday and achieved a Rifleman score of 211 with his Dad's rifle. Son of IIT, JR. I'm sure he'll be working a lot with his Dad. Way to persist Jon.

Thank you all for your willingness to take on the responsibilities of the Orange Hat.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

George Hacker

Well done, Amber Waves and Jon!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."