News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

psstttt (nevermind, it's not a secret)

Started by JustJeff, November 04, 2011, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

Next shoot in Alamogordo is coming up in a week!!!!   :---
Are we all ready, both mentally and physically? ^:)^
See you all there ..:..
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

oladcock

Yep, going to be fun!.... Hope to have a Brown Bess for show and tell....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on November 04, 2011, 03:28:49 PM
Yep, going to be fun!.... Hope to have a Brown Bess for show and tell....O.L.

That should be awesome!  Are you bringing powder and ball too?  >:D
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

oladcock

Might, it's not here yet, it's supposed to be .76 cal which I'd think would need .74 or .75 ball. Dixie sells .73, not sure if a patch will make up that much difference, most likely it would...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

didactic

You can shoot a smoothbore musket ball as much as .06 below the bore diameter, with (or even without) appropriate wadding.  Or maybe even more, but that's as far as I've gone.

This is not to say you'll get great efficiency, or anything approaching accuracy.  But it'll work.  So a .73 ball in a .76 bore is absolutely fine.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

oladcock

Just BOOM and smoke is fine! :) Got a percussion and it shoots .005" under, wasn't sure if .02-.03 would be too much.......O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

2 1/2 days and a 'wake up'.........................  ^:)^ :~