Author Topic: state patches  (Read 3823 times)

Offline davecampperry

• Retired IIT
state patches
« on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:07 PM »
The 'current' state patches are too large, no one will be able to put more than about a dozen on the back of the rifleman's jacket, much less all 50. Can someone with more imagination than me figure out how to do this? Or is this :DH: thanks, dave
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

Offline Miller

• Instructor
  • Fluffy the Toad Whisperer
Re: state patches
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
"Current" state patches?
There are current state patches?
Where?

Fearful but resolute.

Offline Wade

• Retired Instructor
  • Devilla TX 11/07 !,,,,,,,,42
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
"Current" state patches?
There are current state patches?
Where?

I would like to know that myself.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Offline davecampperry

• Retired IIT
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:38 AM »
The State Patches I see are too big. AFAIK, theie is no AS State Patch, I believe there should be.  Sorry my OP was imprecise. :slap: Ideas, Anyone? dave
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

Offline ItsanSKS

• Master Instructor
  • Buy a rifle, then LEARN TO SHOOT IT!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Dave-

While I'm a patch junkie myself, I think the lapel pins are the way to go-
Plenty of room for all 50 on your hat...

Check these out: http://www.pinmart.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=2425
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Offline Sly223

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Those who stand by and do nothing shall have it!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
Wade, out of Ohio, came up with a Malitia Patch from the (time and place) and it is appropriately sized.
I personally do not want a bunch of shooting jackets with so much accessories, as to look like a bunch of Boy Scouts Or bikers, compromising the function of the Jacket.
 The most Decorated Jacket does not Win a prize, or imply that you are more qualified for anything.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Offline TruTenacity

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • Proverbs 15:1
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
I personally do not want a bunch of shooting jackets with so much accessories, as to look like a bunch of Boy Scouts Or bikers, compromising the function of the Jacket.
 The most Decorated Jacket does not Win a prize, or imply that you are more qualified for anything.

O0

Yep, yep  ... or Girl Scouts or Biker Chicks. 
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Offline The ][rishman

• KS State Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
Dave, as someone who believes in liberty, I would encourage you to put as many pins, patches, trinkets or raccontails, on YOUR jacket, as YOU wish.  I for one admire your individuality.  I do not have a bunch of shooting jackets, I only have one.  I "Decorated" it the way I wanted to.

Now since you did not ask for my opinion (or anyone else's for that matter)  on shooter fashion sense and your question was about smaller patches,  I will attemp to point you in the right direction. 

You may try to PM Old Grunt.  He has done t-shirts and decals in the past.  I am not sure if he has done any patches.

However here is a link to state rocker patches.  http://www.thecheapplace.com/categories/Embroidered-Patches/State-Rockers/

Now, I know that most people will tell you you should put these on your sleeve.  Or that, if you should put patches on your jacket, you may look like this or that.  I would go so far as to say you will still look like you.

Forget that and put them any place on your personal property.   Freedom.  Liberty. 

It is your shooting Jacket, do what you like. 

][

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:32:35 PM by The ][rishman »

Offline JustJeff

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »
Dave, as someone who believes in liberty, I would encourage you to put as many pins, patches, trinkets or raccontails, on YOUR jacket, as YOU wish.  I for one admire your individuality.  I do not have a bunch of shooting jackets, I only have one.  I "Decorated" it the way I wanted to.

I would go so far as to say you will still look like you.

Forget that and put them any place on your personal property.   Freedom.  Liberty. 

It is your shooting Jacket, do what you like. 

][

Amen
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Offline Sly223

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Those who stand by and do nothing shall have it!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »
Correction,
That was West, from Ohio,
not Wade from Texas.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!