News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed TV Pilot

Started by Prone to Knit, November 01, 2011, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

MtnManPrepper made a great contact for Appleseed.  This organization is going to fund and film an Appleseed TV Pilot, with possibly 11-12 more episodes to fill out a season.

The intent is to syndicate the show on 600 markets nationwide.

Shooting will begin at a shoot here in Colorado in a few weeks with additional shooting for the pilot in December.  The Colorado team of instructors is excited about taking care of this.

Fred is in the loop and approves.

It sounds like a lot of fun.  We'll let you know more as we know more!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Ratchett

CONGRATULATIONS COLORADO!!! Job well done Peter and gang!!!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

spitstickler

O0  This could be big! Job well done. Looking forward to hearing more.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

techres

Wow!  PM inbound for details.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Kosciusko

Not to be the paranoid one that rains on the parade, but are we 150% sure Appleseed isn't going to be treated like folks on some of the other reality shows?

I'm thinking of some of the scenes in "Preppers", "Swamp People",  "American Hoggers", etc,  where the participants don't necessarily  come off as people you'd want living next door.   Ambush journalism is alive and well in this country.

Negate everything above  if this has already been considered and dealt with, because then it's pretty much all upside, about 10 million dollars worth  of free advertising.   Then I say, not just a job well done, but a job awesomely well done!

TaosGlock

Once again CO is right at the top of the heap regarding PROMOTIONS. O0
Keep us informed!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

CIVLAKFLT

Sounds awesome! Keep us posted!

dart67eb

I'm adding you to my list of heros!   :bow:
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

George Hacker

I have some of the same concerns as Kosciusko, but if everything works out to promote Appleseed all I can say is, "What a coup!"  Well done, Team Colorado! ^:)^

The following icons will have new meaning when we preview the pilot.  :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

LittleMo

Super job for promoting! I'm interested on how this goes and when it goes into syndication.  O0
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

BugginOut

It would be great if it goes national.  Then I wouldn't have to explain what Appleseed is everythime.
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

ITB

I debated between posting my long response, or my short one.  I chose short.

Who is the producer?  Do they have a track record of making positive, pro-gun TV? 

I hope much of the focus of the show is on the attendees, how they come from diverse backgrounds why they chose to attend, and how their attendance affected how they live their lives.  I'd love to see it portray someone's transition from sleeping Doofus Americanus to Rifleman to Orange Hat, or even Red Hat.  Even better if they purchased their first rifle to attend an Appleseed, or used a loaner, and had very little previous experience with firearms.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

At some point WE, Appleseed, will have to come out from under the radar.  I hope this will be under Fred's and Techres' terms. 

I don't know the people involved in the filming.  My only wish is that they understand the gravity of this..............
God speed.
Superheat

Prone to Knit

These people fully understand and support our message. This will be nothing like ambush journalism.

Be assured you will be very proud to share these episodes with family and friends.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Patriot Gal

I am (cautiously) optimistic and excited about the possibilities of this show. 

Always there will be those anti-gun people, detractors, but the positive impact is potentially immeasurable!!!  ^:)^

This is huge!! Well done all!!! O0 O0 :bow: :bow:

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Wade

Great Job  CO  O0
Having met some/most of the crew in CO I have full faith it will work out well.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Kosciusko

Quote from: Prone to Knit on November 02, 2011, 12:15:36 PM
These people fully understand and support our message. This will be nothing like ambush journalism.

Be assured you will be very proud to share these episodes with family and friends.

Kim

In which case, sign me up for a copy of the series on DVD.   

Are legal arrangements being made so that we can use  the show for local/national promos?

kudos to all involved     O0

bravhrt

Outstanding! Given the proliferation of firearm friendly television shows, this is a natural.
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleer™ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC

Francis Marion

Concerns about carricaturization of Appleseed need to be considered, given the sad value of what passes for American television content. 

Without knowing anything about the production intent, values, or agenda, some common ground needs to exist between production and Appleseed to offer a television show worthy of our Heritage. 

The best outcome, I think, is a television program which:
  1)  highlights the athleticism and discipline of rifle shooting,
  2)  connects martial skill with the individual weapon- in the hands of the average citizen- from the Founders straight to us,
  3)  informs the viewer of their Liberty debt to the Founders, and our logical duty to pay forward the same to our Posterity,   
  4)  does not patronize viewers or carricature participants
  5)  presents accurate, emotive history.

In short, the program should present our Heritage as one might see it during an Appleseed weekend, and should improve the citizen who watches it. 

This is an opportunity for positive or for negative outcome.  Good work Colorado for turning this up.  Let's do so carefully, correctly, honestly, or not at all. 

White-Trash-Marksman

I'm lookin forward to it! Time to show off my asome skittlz!   ;D
Live every moment as your last, and enjoy life to the fullest!

COJeepGirl

so,,,,what's the word? Are we gonna air or did I miss sompin.. ++)
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

Sly223

This is awsome,
I hope a ripple effect tears through this nation and AS really catches the hearts and desires of the Americans we are trying to pry off the Couch!
I also feel any exposure is good exposure.
If there is anything a miss,
then we spend some PR time and still benefit from the Exposure. :slap:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!