News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Print and Radio material

Started by Rhodes, May 12, 2009, 03:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

Just a reminder, I need something we can have placed in the Baton Rouge paper. Something on the order of 100 words or less, Im still waiting on them to get back to me.
Also still trying to get though to the local radio to see if I can get one of you smooth talkers on the air even if just for a few minutes. Lastly any handouts you were thinking of sending need be done soon.

Thanks
Dan Faulk
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Fred

Rhodes, don't think you have to hold it to 100 words or less - the paper will edit it to fit the space they'll allow - I'd give them a decent sized chunk to chew on - 300-500 words.

I did a search on the home forum page looking for "Press Release" - which anyone can do - and came up with the following:

For prob the earliest Press Release Appleseed-related, see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=109.0

For a very recent Texas one, see reply #6 at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6426.msg59917#msg59917

Reply #38 at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40.msg1725#msg1725 has two press releases in ".doc" format, both drafted by yours truly.

The EPT letters at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6291.msg58190#msg58190 can easily be used as PRs as needed.

Reply #42 at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5892.msg56200#msg56200 has a recent press releas for Stinson, WV.

For good "raw material", see the quotes gathered at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5621.0

For a PR on the history aspect, see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2077.msg22285#msg22285

Some of these reference may be on boards you can't see; if so, PM and I will post the full PR on this thread.

It's a lesson: Have a question? "Search" for the answer, and you might just find it.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

ulshop

Dan,

I've made up some handouts using the last Appleseed newspaper, the flyer for the event and a red coat target.... helps to explain the shooting format. I'm coming over to Baton Rouge on Friday afternoon for a quick family deal, maybe we could meet up and I could drop some off. Let me know.
chad

FiremanBill

Quote from: Rhodes on May 12, 2009, 03:26:14 AM
Just a reminder, I need something we can have placed in the Baton Rouge paper. Something on the order of 100 words or less, Im still waiting on them to get back to me.
Also still trying to get though to the local radio to see if I can get one of you smooth talkers on the air even if just for a few minutes. Lastly any handouts you were thinking of sending need be done soon.

Thanks
Dan Faulk

Dan,

Lemme dig thru my files today.  I prepped a release more like what Fred referred to - approx. 400-500 words.  Was used in several venues for Patriot's Day shoots.  Will be happy to share it with you.

FiremanBill
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

FiremanBill

Dan,

Copied the body of the text I prepped and had published prior to Patriot's Day into a personal email.

If anyone else should neeed it, I would be happy to post it here...

FB
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

Rhodes

Quote from: ulshop on May 12, 2009, 01:02:07 PM
Dan,

I've made up some handouts using the last Appleseed newspaper, the flyer for the event and a red coat target.... helps to explain the shooting format. I'm coming over to Baton Rouge on Friday afternoon for a quick family deal, maybe we could meet up and I could drop some off. Let me know.
chad

Friday afternoon we are going to Biloxi to see Bill Engvall's show that night and throw away a little of my kids inheritance. We wont be back till Saturday noon so I will send you my phone number on PM just in case something changes.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Rhodes

I have sent out the following to radio, print, and TV media personalities. I hope it meets with your approval. This particular one was sent to WJBO the largest talk radio sation in the area.
I cherry picked the notice posted and adapted it for each media type.

Greetings Mr. Buggs,

I am a member of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. We are a non-profit American Heritage organization and sponsor tradition rifle marksmanship programs know as Appleseed events. The very first event for LA is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend and we want to reach as many citizens as possible.  I have listened to and even talked with you over the years and am always impressed with your logical and fair approach to issues as well as your love of our fair state and great nation. We and seek your help as both leader of the community and patriot.

Appleseed is the largest, fastest growing, most unique shooting program in the country. We're helping shooters appreciate what the Founders did, what they sacrificed. We combine marksmanship with history because it was considered a critical skill by the Founders.

Just as Johnny Appleseed planted apple trees, today's Appleseed volunteer instructors travel the nation planting seeds of Liberty and marksmanship at weekend events called Appleseeds.  Appleseed instructors will meet you at your proficiency level.  Just bring a teachable attitude and a safe rifle, to get the most benefit from one of our events.

We offer rifle marksmanship lessons from world class instructors.  Participants hear historically accurate stories of the American Revolution. Attendees learn why our Heritage sets us apart from any other nation on earth. Most importantly, they will learn the Tradition of the Rifleman and have an opportunity to control the destiny of our great nation. Maybe even earn the title of Rifleman when shooting the Army Qualification Test  (AQT) targets! Exciting stuff!

We encourage you to read testimonials and first-hand accounts of previous Appleseeders and explore the program at www.appleseedinfo.org .

With so many first time and novice rifle owners now in this area it is a matter of great interest to learn the safe and proper handling of firearms and educate both young and young at heart. If possible we hope you would be interested in helping us get the word out. If we could even for just a few minutes set up a small mini-interview presentation of the event and our programs goals it would be a tremendous help.

Thank you for your time and program, it makes Baton Rouge a better place to live.

Highest Regards,

Dan Faulk

Rhodes

Mr. Joe Macaluso of the Baton Rouge Adovcate paper has promised to run a piece on the event. For some reason he could not access the web link but Ive sent him all I have.

Havent heard back from the rest but I will stay on it.

Rhodes

WestTx

Greetings Mr. Buggs,

I am a member of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. We are a non-profit American Heritage organization and sponsor tradition rifle marksmanship programs know as Appleseed events. The very first event for LA is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend and we want to reach as many citizens as possible.  I have listened to and even talked with you over the years and am always impressed with your logical and fair approach to issues as well as your love of our fair state and great nation. We and seek your help as both leader of the community and patriot. We could use your advice as a leader of the community and as a patriot.
Appleseed is the largest, fastest growing, most unique shooting program in the country. We're helping shooters appreciate what the Founders did, what they sacrificed. We combine marksmanship with history because it was considered a critical skill by the Founders.

Just as Johnny Appleseed planted apple trees, today's Appleseed volunteer instructors travel the nation planting seeds of Liberty and marksmanship at weekend events called Appleseeds.  Appleseed instructors will meet you at your proficiency level.  Just bring a teachable attitude and a safe rifle, to get the most benefit from one of our events.

We offer rifle marksmanship lessons from world class instructors.  Participants hear historically accurate stories of the American Revolution. Attendees learn why our Heritage sets us apart from any other nation on earth. Most importantly, they will learn the Tradition of the Rifleman and have an opportunity to control the destiny of our great nation. Maybe even earn the title of Rifleman when shooting the Army Qualification Test  (AQT) targets! Exciting stuff!

We encourage you to read testimonials and first-hand accounts of previous Appleseeders and explore the program at www.appleseedinfo.org .

With so many first time and novice rifle owners now in this area, it is a matter of great interest to learn the safe and proper handling of firearms and educate both young and young at heart. We hope you would be interested in helping us get the word out. If we could even for just a few minutes set up a small mini-interview presentation of the event and our programs goals it would be a tremendous help.

Thank you for your time and program, it makes Baton Rouge a better place to live.

Highest Regards,

Dan Faulk

Couple of minor changes- speak plainly to him and to them. Stright shooting and speaking-that's Appleseed.
Rifleman. That says it all.

Rhodes

Butt Stock

Reply #38 at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40.msg1725#msg1725 has two press releases in ".doc" format, both drafted by yours truly.

The EPT letters at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6291.msg58190#msg58190 can easily be used as PRs as needed.

For good "raw material", see the quotes gathered at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5621.0

For a PR on the history aspect, see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2077.msg22285#msg22285

Some of these reference may be on boards you can't see; if so, PM and I will post the full PR on this thread.

[/quote]

Fred I can not get to these listed above. I am searching and looking for at other ideas for promoting AS here in Gibsonburg area. When I was on break last night at work I caught the end of one of the radio ads we are getting here now. Wish it could have been the whole thing I heard !! In time and with patience I will hear it myself. Thanks,
Lisa Butt Stock's mom

George Hacker

Quote from: Fred on May 12, 2009, 11:47:29 AM
Fred,

I tried a handful of these links and all that I tried are locked down so I can't get to them.  Are there any PRs posted in an area where WR-X folks can get to?

- ShadowMan

PS:  I rediscovered some awesome promotional material provided by the Wisconsin folks.  Some of it can be used as an example.  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26439.0
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."