News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN - October 29-30, 2011

Started by dond, October 29, 2011, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Wow, what a great first day. Only five shooters, but three Riflemen already. Two new ones and a repeat from two years ago. One OH from the five. And Tornado is doing a bang up job as SBIT 3. Can't wait for tomorrow.  ;D  O0  :~

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Castle Mountain

Outstanding! Talk about one on one producing results.
Congratulations to all the riflemen, orange hat and
to Tornado doing a great job. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. O0

Cheers,

CM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Patriot Gal

Dang!!!  A 60% Rifleman attainment!!!  Must be a record!

Great to hear and congrats to the new Riflemen and to everyone who came out to be a part of American History and Heritage!!

Huzzah!!!   O0
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

dond

No other new Riflemen today, but the two remaining shooters made significant improvement.

Two of those who shot the Rifleman's score yesterday were Saturday only shooters. The third returned today to shoot KD out to 600 yards, along with one of our instructors.

Some of our instructors polished their skills by repeating their Rifleman scores.

JPL and LesMoore advanced to IIT2.

Mtbrass succeeded with his SBIT1, which is a big plus for IL.

But the greatest news for IL is that we have a new Shoot Boss!   ^:)^ Tornado did a fantastic job in conducting the activities and will certainly increase the capability of Appleseed in IL.  O0

This was a great weekend for shooters and for instructors.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

hawkhavn

Score for IL!
I keep hearing great things about MTBrass and Tornado, can't wait to work a line for them.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

dond

ChuckS

Quite happy to shoot Rifleman, and back it up.  ^:)^  After each time, before scoring them, I felt I could do better.  Still feel that way.

DonD was quite persuasive about taking up an Orange Hat - he offered flat track parts!   O0

JPL

Quote from: ChuckS on October 30, 2011, 11:32:00 PM
Quite happy to shoot Rifleman, and back it up.  ^:)^  After each time, before scoring them, I felt I could do better.  Still feel that way.

DonD was quite persuasive about taking up an Orange Hat - he offered flat track parts!   O0

Chuck, it was exciting for leslie and I to see you take an orange hat.  I'm sure we will end up working together often!

Tornado

What a weekend at Puryear!  We had a tiring but great time. The shooters made so much progress and we all had a really fun time. Congratulations to Chuck, Richard, and Barry on shooting Rifleman!  O0  2 more knocking on the door. Just a little bit more and you will be there. Dry fire. Dry fire. Dry fire. Repeat.

JPL, LesMoore, Nightingale, and MTBrass did a fine job with history, instruction, the line, and maintaining safety. I really enjoyed working with you all at this shoot. Special thanks to Nightingale for all her help. Congratulations JPL & LesMoore on your promotions (well deserved) and MTBrass on a successful SBiT. Look forward to working with you all again.

Special thanks also to dond and Sarah. Thank you for everything. Also, thank you to the Henry County Gun Club. This is a really nice range. Good facilities and AS friendly.

Come back again and bring someone with you.

We'll try to get pictures posted in the next day or two.

--Tornado.

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

Quote from: ChuckS on October 30, 2011, 11:32:00 PM

Chuck,

Congratulations on the Orange Hat! Also, I've never seen anyone work a bolt that smoothly. :cool2:
Hope to see you again along the Appleseed trail.

-Tornado

George Rogers Clark

mtbrass

:) :) :) I thought I posted here last night but I don't see it today so maybe I was still dreaming, it had to be a dream didn't it? New riflemen, new Shoot Boss, instructor advancement, new Orange Hat, great hospitality from the Shoot Boss and Mrs. Duncan, great range and oh yes, telling the history of April 19. Smiled all the way home.

Nightingale

Puryear was a great shoot. Everyone came ready to shoot and have a great time. The history was VERY good and I learned so much. I learned a lot from the other instructors as well and loved working with the shooters. The weather was amazing and I couldn't ask for anything better.

THREE RIFLEMEN!!!! ^:)^ It was awesome.
I enjoyed the shoot and hope to come back again in the near future.

~Nightingale

Tornado

Photos:

George Rogers Clark

Amber Waves

I can't say thank you enough to Dond and Sarah for your hospitality.  We really enjoyed our work at Puryear this shoot.  Thank you Mtbrass, JPL, Lesmore, Dond and Sarah for your support.  I'm really proud of Nigthingale, she really took charge and got the job done. 

Oh and Ken/Tornado, Honey I'm proud of you, too.  That Green hat looks good on you. 

Amber Waves

Photos:

Tornado

Olivia (AC) says, "The shoot was awesome and that one of the shooters took an orange hat. My dad got shoot boss and now he is able to run shoots."

"Here are some of the pictures I took:"

George Rogers Clark