News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iowa Gun Show Board

Started by loves2hunt59, October 25, 2011, 09:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loves2hunt59

Hey All,
Opening a thread where we can share experience, thoughts, plans, ideas on  promoting  Appleseed at/through gunshows Statewide. 'AAR's' from events can post here.  Everybody involved or wishing to be involved speak up here.

mac3647

The RWVA Appleseed table at the Red Oak Iowa gun show on Oct. 21,22,23 2011.  The show promoter did not charge us for a table since we were not selling and are an educational table.  We were accepted very well by the dealers and many of them took the time to come over and see our info and encourage us in our efforts.  I suspect that at least one dealer benefited from our efforts as he sold several 10/22's.  One dealer next to us had heard our pitch so many times that he started to help us when we could not keep up with the flow of people and even let us take a break while he watched our table.  Saturday we added our rifles to the table, this really helped to draw interest.  On Sunday a Appleseed Family came to help with the table and they all wore their T-shirts, the 11 year old brought his rifle for display also.  In all it was a very productive event, our ranks will defiantly grow as a results.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

mac3647

As the results of  our work at the Red Oak gun show and the positive comments received from the attendees the show host has invited us back next year, we have already a spot reserved for Appleseed at 5 area shows next year, Feb.,March, July and two in Oct.  We will try to coordinate our shoots a couple of weeks after the shows .
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

loves2hunt59

mac3647

Gun Show in RED OAK Ia, Feb. 10/11/12.  and CLARINDA Ia, March 9/10/11.  We plan to have a table at both.  Could use some extra bodies to help work the booth, a few hours or a whole day or two days.  A table for Apple Seed that is!

mac3647

:---  think we got everything about rounded up.  the show  :pop: starts today at 4:00 pm.   :sos: Roger responded and signed up for Saturday tour of duty(thanks Rog).  Ordered a APPLESEED banner,but it didn't make here yet(next show). will use it for shows and seeds.  This is going to be a great year for APPLESEED  ^:)^ and Iam getting excited!!!!

Fred

Great thread, guys!

Be sure to talk up the DAR-concept at your table - we're gonna need a lot more places to do AS in the coming two years!

O0

PS: Don't forget - "gun shows" are just one pond to fish in - any other convention - archery, home school, fishing, boating, anything - can also be a pond to fish in...Appleseed is unique in that the history/heritage cuts across a lot of lines...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

mac3647

O0 A good start to the weekend.  Lots of new faces  stopped and Checked out A/S.  Also several return visitors from the last show reported they had been to a A/S or were getting their gear ready to attend this year.  Only complaint: they could not find any events scheduled for Iowa on the web site.  Looking forward to today and Roger working the show with Karen and myself, should be a fun day! (and hey might even find a new gun I have to have!)

Mac

mac3647

:D Wow, what a day at the Gun Show!!!!  Response was incredible , people even came looking for the APPLESEED table.  Thanks Roger and Karen for the  :sos:   !  We were at times tag teaming to keep up!  Roger slung his M1 on his shoulder, took a tri-fold and a challenge card folded across the tri-fold and walked around and found interested people.  Pretty soon he would come back to the table with 1-2 sometimes 2-4 people with him.  We had two Laptops going showing pictures and videos of shoots. Our position at first seemed awkward as it was just inside the door, but proved to be the best spot on the floor! Because EVERYONE had to pass by us to get in or OUT!  They didn't stand a chance!  Looking forward to today (hope I have enough tri-folds).

Patriot Gal

Thanks to Karen, Mac and Rodge for a great Appleseed showing at the gun show!!!

Nice looking table.  I like the gun rack.  Castle Mountain and I have discussed the need to have one as part of our display. 

It will be nice when you get a large Appleseed Banner up behind you so people can see at a glance who you are.
Another thing we have done was to purchase some heavy suede-like cloth in dark tan and black (one of each) to use as table coverings.  It helps to keep all our messy looking "stuff" like boxes, gun cases, purses and water bottles out of sight. (Walmart had the best prices).

I love to see all the different U.S. flags.  Just an FYI, If you're wanting to know the best and proper way to display the flag, the rules and regulations can be found at this website.    http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Looks like you had a nice time ~   O0

Thanks to all of you for spreading the Appleseed message!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

mac3647

We have ordered a banner for the wall and a table cover/drap.  But  :DH: they didn't get here yet.  shoud have them for the next show in March. thanks for the recommends,  The encouragement we received from attendees was incredible ! 

mac3647

:---   :pop:  Clarinda Ia gun show coming up 2nd weekend of March.  Need some Appleseed-ers to help work the crowd and man the table.   Instructors are expected, Appleseed-ers really help tell the story.  Last show we had several people who had been to an A/S stop and talk, the peer responce was great and it did not come across as a sales pitch.    :sos:

IXOYE

There is a gun show in Dubuqe on 15-17 February. I'm thinking about getting a table for it. But I don't have any resources other than a few AQT's and a couple of flyers I picked up while helping at Appleseed shoots. I could use some help with manning a table and with getting some flyers and maybe even a banner.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)