News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lewistown, PA October 1-2, 2011

Started by lprgcfrank, October 01, 2011, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Six hearty folks came out in the rolling rainstorms to learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and and the heritage of April 19, 1995.
Sgt. Rock and I were confused, we were in PA and the cars in the parking lot had Georgia and Tennessee plates.  4 of our 6 shooters were from out of state and not our usual WV, NJ or MD neighbors.
3 of our our of state visitors had been to Appleseeds before.

We knew this was an unusual group, but not just how unusual.  Sgt. Rock had an inkling when he was doing talking targets on the squares and reported that the group sizes are already 4-6MOA.  I got the inkling when we completed the first AQT of the day at 2:30 - and the LOW score was 171  O0

This group set the record for shoots I've run by getting in 5 AQT's on Saturday - We were in the Crak zone ..:..

Many thanks to Ken for driving up from GA and bringing family members to another shoot!  And can they shoot!  Mom, dad and Son all earned Rifleman patches!

More pictures to follow

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

More pictures
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

Darrin if you read this - you guys took off before i could award Zach a youth patch for his excellent safety and persistence - can you PM me a mailing address for him or email me at lprgcfrank@gmail.com

sgtrock

As Frank said, This was a very good group of students, attentive and down right enthusiastic,,,
With 3 riflemen on Saturday, all being family, that is awesome,,,
With Sara being only the second time ever handling a rifle she did so like a pro,
I could not believe it when all the groups fired on the first set of squares on Saturday were as small as they were, I knew this would be a great shoot,,,
Zach, our youngest student, did an outstanding job, like Frank said the lowest score on the first AQT was 171, Zach hope to see you again on the range.
With the covered range the weather was not too much of a problem but it was on the chilly side sunday with rain and a little breeze at times with more clothes on the zero's from Saturday started to shift and adjustments were made,

Nick brought out his M&P AR15 and got that zeroed and Ken brought out a new CMP Special grade M1, and got that zeroed as well,,, both shot very respectable scores,,,
I hope to see all these folks back to this range in the future.
Club members/officers Deb and Harry stopped by to say hello, they and the Mifflin County range are very supportive of Appleseed and Great hosts, if you are ever in this area please stop by, this place has a 1000yd range that is breath taking,,, It being only a 5.5 hrs drive from my location it is well worth it to be able to have a great range day at distance.

Thanks for letting me come down to PA and lend a hand, you folks have a great state here.

See you at Slippery Rock

sgtrock 

hypnotrader

Zach and I had a great time but I wish the weather was a little more southern!  Thanks for the good instruction, wish we could have been there for Sunday!

sgtrock

And some more pictures of this shoot, from my long lost camera card thing,, These were taken on Sunday

Nice overhead cover at Lewistown

Kens beautiful M1

A family that shoots together stays together

Here was Mom's Redcoat target on Sunday morning

Ken got to have a personalized target

Ken again with M1

The end of a perfect weekend at Lewistown, PA

With a 1000yd range its hard not to go an event here... Hope to be back soon
again sorry for the late pictures,,, But good memories are even better with pictures,,,

sgtrock