News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Smithville, TX Oct 22-23, 2011

Started by didactic, October 23, 2011, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didactic

Great success to report! 

No new rifleman or IIT's, but five good Americans came out and baked in the sun and the dry breeze for two full days.  All went home late this afternoon a little dehydrated, but with the same number of holes in their bodies as when they arrived.  And, compared with when they arrived, much better shooters and more knowledgeable Americans.

The Smithville range survived last month's fires, an greened up a little from our one recent rain, so Dave the host opened it back up to Appleseeding. 

We had five Saturday Morning, and the same five when we broke down the range and departed this evening.

Chuck and Cheryl are seasoned citizens, who creaked a little on the first transition stages and accepted when I offered to let them skip that part of the exercise. in follow-on AQT's.  But they were both real troopers, and were with us all the way, down to policing up empty brass after the last Redcoat.

Tom is solid - and he'll be back again, to snag that patch and pose for a picture pretty doggone soon.  He progressed well, but recurring rifle problems kept him from really scaring a 210 score.

Bod and Mattie, father-daughter pair, REALLY knocked on the door a couple of times.  And I didn't set this up, but their best near-miss AQT scores were exactly the same.  They'll both be back, and Bob hinted that when he qualified as a Rifleman, it wouldn't take much to talk him into taking an orange hat.

Tom and Bob both took pictures, so load 'em up, guys.

Thanks to LabRat for being the chief BOTG guy for this site, and for shoot-bossing on Saturday, and giving me an easy day to finish off with.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

TxBobS

Thanks to Labrat and Didatic for putting on a safe, informative and fun weekend.  We really appreciate not only theirs but everyone's time they put into this project.

It was nice to have met everyone there.  I can't wait to get back out there and try again. :)

I will add some pics later this week.

Thanks!
Bob

scuzzy

Good deal. That means there was 5 more Americans that were willing to get off their duffs and learn how to shoot. And hear some good history to boot.

As we say in Texas "yeehah!!."

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TomH

It was great to learn the three strikes that lit the match of revolution in 1775. Thanks for the program and @didactic and @labrat for leading the charge. I really like hanging around like-minded folks and fellow Americans. Surrounded with armed knowledgeable comrades is the way to go.  O0

TxBobS

Here are some pictures we took.

CHUCK SHERYL

We are now able to post on the forum.

First, our thanks to Didactic and Labrat for their patience and attention, assisting us to participate and actually put shots down range and get them on target. 

Second, all those creaks and groans you heard were actually just expressions of us having too much fun.

Third, our fellow shooters were fantastic.  Our thanks also to them for making it a very enjoyable experience.

Fourth, the three strikes of April 19, 1775 was very informative and fun to hear.

Fifth, on our way home, we purchased and had mounted, inexpensive scopes. That should help our old eyes see the targets better.

Finally, we will return, and with us putting in as much effort as our instructors have, it won't be long before we earn that prized rifleman patch.

Thanks to you all and see you again soon.

CHUCK & SHERYL

POP

Another fine Appleseed event in Smithville.
Thank you Labrat and didactic for running the event.
Mostly, we appreciate the attendees for coming to the event and soaking up all that great information, all the history, and learning to shoot to the standards of our colonial forefathers. 

All you folks on the line make our efforts worthwhile.
POP

BTW, I really liked the great pics.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)