News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dallas/Fort Worth - Quail Creek , TX Oct 1-2, 2011

Started by dalesp, October 03, 2011, 12:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalesp

A great shoot at Quail Creek this weekend.  19 shooters total.  Several new Riflemen, and a new IIT! 

Details to come.

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Master_Chief

It was a great shoot with wonderful weather and a great range. I learned a lot from watching fellow instructors and getting a bit of hands on experience

I took many photos this weekend

Father and Son

Jerry teaches MOA

Family of 3 came out to shoot

Jerry and shoot boss Dale

The new rifleman exchange a high five!

New rifleman-Husband and wife!

Patches for the youth

The whole gang (minus me, holding the camera)

Orange hat

And a rifleman patch!

210...uh oh
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

starfox

First off, DoubleLL and I would like to sincerely thank Dale for SB'ing this event after a scheduling snafu left this event open.  Not to fear, our normally steadfast DFW crew were representing Appleseed proud at the Texas State Rifle Championship events this weekend at Camp Swift.

Sincere thanks to Jerry Hall who answered the 11th hour call for a Red Hat to help out.    O0

Congrats to all our new Riflemen!!   :---  :---  :---

Carmele, orange is your color!   And what's with Dale importing water into the state to douse you for a 210!?!  Geez, Dale, next time bring enough for the rest of the State!   ;D

Stay tuned for some exciting happenings at Quail Creek in the coming months.  Quail Creek Range rapidly becoming the standard for all other ranges.  We are truly blessed to have such steadfast support!!   :bow:
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Texas Rifleman

Well done ya'll.
Thanks to all the instructors that helped out.
Great photos Master Chief.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

Jerry Hall

:bow: :bow: :bow: Today, My heart is filled with gratitude having spent this weekend with all of these spirited AWAKENED AMERICAN's!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
I am honored to have been of service to all of you fine students and happy that I could do my small part in helping make this event the success that it is!!!  O0 :~ O0 :--- O0 :~ O0 :--- O0

Should Y'all need my assistance in the future, just call!

"...till we meet again...", HappyTrails!!!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

dalesp

Well a picture is worth 1000 words - so thanks for the great AAR Master_Chief!

The weather was perfect and other than the appearance of a quick dust devil was uneventful.  We had several families and everyone had a good time, learned something and improved their marksmanship.

We had three new Riflemen.  On Saturday I had the privilege of awarding a husband and wife Rifleman patches - both at the same time!  That was a first for me.  Congrats Jana & Tim.

On Sunday Carmele not only shot Rifleman (210!), but accepted an orange hat, and then went Dove hunting!   I hope you got your  limit! 

BTW - both ladies are part of the DIVA-WOW organization.  I'm glad that Appleseed and DIVA are building a good relationship. We need more friends like these awesome ladies!

Thanks to all the shooters that came out.  I hope to see you all again.  Thanks to Jerry Hall for coming out on short notice and toall of the IITs that helped make this a great event!

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

txgyrl

I am so very proud of all the shooters...

I can't wait till the Nov shoot there!

:cool2: ..:..

Texas Rifleman

When is that Nov shoot Melissa?
Are you shooting or instructing ?
Do I need to bring the "magic rifle" over there ?
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

NJGirl1961

I'm a convert!
My husband is researching and ordering a left handed rifle for me.
I will not remain "unqualified!"
We tried to sign up for November but it's already full.  We'll keep trying to see if space opens up.
A special thanks to all the instructors who helped me progress from "never touched a gun" to "don't get her mad!"
Eileen

Verdigris

Great to see you on the boards Eileen, and thanks for the positive feedback. :)  Glad that you enjoyed yourself and definitely hope to see you at the range again.  I'd love to be there when you get your patch.
-Verd

dalesp

Did anyone happen to find a black nylon NRA bag full of tools and parts? 

I seem to have lost it and Quail Creek was the last place I KNOW I had it...

Thanks.