News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Harvard, MA 10/15-16

Started by lupis42, October 18, 2011, 12:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

Not one, but two Tricorn Hats on the line on Saturday!  And such perfect weather.  Except for the part where (this being New England) we had a sudden downpour in the early afternoon.  Our shooters bore up like champs, though, no sunshine patriots to be found, and when the weather couldn't beat em, it gave up for the day so we could shoot the redcoats in good light.

Voidoid will be along presently to talk about those who earned their brand new rifleman patches on Sunday, and to those who didn't and had asked about the ROC, look for my email in the next day or so.

My thanks to all the fine patriots who braved the treacherous MA fall weather to hear a little history, and hopefully learn (or relearn) a thing or two about marksmanship.  You did very well, and the redcoat numbers for the end of the day bore that out! 
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

voidoid

Sunday found a good group of shooters ready to go, with a very strong showing on their first AQT.  They went right into the Rapid Fire AQT with no safety issues, quickly adapting to the pace of the clock.  We ran AQTs for most of the day, throwing in a few drills here and there, mostly to work on NPOA shifting between targets, and also trigger reset/followthrough. 

...and we have two new Massachusetts Riflemen!  Darren (214) and Victor (216 and 218), if my memory serves me on those scores.  The other shooters who did not hit 210 were all knocking on the door, with a few 200s and a 202 throughout the day.  Scores did not fall as the round count increased, and I think we were able to avoid the Sunday slump by taking breaks for DOM and KD, and throwing in a "Mad Minute" on a couple of star targets. 

Thanks to all the shooters who listened carefully, shot safely and demonstrated that they are a great bunch of people.  The weather was perfect for shooting, with a bit of a breeze, sunny skies and fairly warm temps for most of the day. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

Round Trip

Voidoid did a fine job as shoot boss, a confident hand. I know he was concerned about the "slump" and possibly pushing some too hard as was Mattnes and myself. I think Voidoid pulled it off, the scores showed and nobody was burned out.  Good shooters all.  Liked the benediction, nice personal touch.
Have a couple of pictures of our new Riflemen, need an Email as I cannot post.
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick