News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Roswell, NM Oct 15-16

Started by oladcock, October 17, 2011, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

The day shined bright, cool enough for a sweat shirt warming up to the low to mid 90's. A Rifleman behind every yucca but we added a couple more. Saturday we had 14 fine American with 10 on Sunday. The Saturday morning Red Coat attack resulted in a few bayonets, by afternoon we had several knocking on the Rifleman score and the Red Coats didn't fair as well. Sunday refresher then into the AQT grind with a vengeance. Kara was the first to step up with an impressive 216, we have ladies amongst us that know very well what they are about!  Kara kept cranking out expert scores with a high of 224. :bow: Mike was the next with a 211 and a dose of North Bridge water. Others kept chipping away in the dust and heat but it wasn't to be. As the sun set, the afternoon Red Coat attack, none got through and leadership was taken out.

Active duty Army, house wives, Law Enforcement, ranchers, students, great Americans answered the alarm and we instructors are proud to have shared this experience with you!  O0 ....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

DieslPwrd

What a great looking group of shooters and instructors!  Hats off to all of you for showing up and making the Roswell weekend a success.  A big  CONGRATULATIONS to the new Rifleman and Riflewomen!   ^:)^ 

A side note: my day job is drug prevention.  To you parents who brought your kids out for a great day of shooting fun and learning where our sweet freedoms come from, THANK YOU.  I so appreciate the people who do all they can to make it so I don't have a job!
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

7.62er

It was a great day!!  I had Kara and Mike pegged quickly.  Others were knocking hard and I'm confident they'll open it next time.
Thanks to all participants and instructors.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

Yea, this was a good weekend.  Almost every one showed back up for Sunday too.  Congratulations to the two Rifleman that have joined the ranks, thanks for the persistence.

Tim

Strawberry Roan

It was awesome to see the fires of liberty being refreshed and our Rifleman heritage be reborn.  Congratulations to Kara and Mike, the Rifleman's patch is just the beginning of your journey.  I'm so proud of those knocking on the door, each have said with that familiar glint in their eye, that they are committed to that achievement.  I look forward to being there for it!  The stick-to-itiveness was great to see!

TaosGlock

Congrats to the new Riflemen and another great New Mexico shoot! :--- ^:)^
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

AaronTheis

The shooter and instructors both made this a truly great seed. Nothing makes me more proud then to see such a fine group of Americans gathering and utilizing the freedoms that we have in this great country of ours! Great job to all the shooters that came out and congratulations to our new rifleman and riflewoman Mike and Kara!

XTR

It sure did warm up, us fat guys have a hard time dealing with that. 
So I MUST thank all of the instructors and IIT's at the shoot. 

O.L. - Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and encouragement, you are an excellent Shoot Boss!  O0

Julie - Great job on connecting with the shooters and encouraging them to improve their budding skills!  O0

Jimmy - You have a very keen eye on identifying the small things that make a world of improvement on the shooters scores, great job!  O0

Archie - Great job on helping the shooters with equipment issues and shooting form! O0

Aaron - You will make a very fine instructor, awesome approach to encourage the shooters.  I think you will make many Riflemen!  O0

David - Great job on running the firing line!  I look forward to the December shoot in Lubbock.  O0

Tim - You did excellent on the history, shooting positions and assistance to the shooters.  I was totally blown away by your dedication and performance, even though I have known you for years...you will make an awesome instructor!  O0

Kara - Great job on whooping the boys' tail and making Rifleman!  Very impressive!   O0

Mike - I bet that North bridge water felt great both times!  Excellent work bud!  O0

I didn't make rifleman, but this was my first Appleseed.  If all Appleseeds turn out like this one did, I would say that this is one of the best programs in America.  I will be back for more, you guys are the best! 

Thanks,
Joel

Jerry Hall

HOwdy All,

Makes me heart sick that I wasn't there for this event.  :wb:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! TO All on a GREAT EVENT!!!  O0 :bow: O0

Can't wait to see ya'll again soon! :~ ..:.. :--- ..:.. :~

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Jimi

Morning folks, sorry to take so long to log in and comment. Still in ABQ at the VA and will get to head home today.

It made my heart so proud to spend the weekend with such fine Americans. To see the trepidation and interest of the shooters as we looked over the first Red Coat was a sign of things to come.

Continued attentiveness and application of the flood of information being feed them started to over come the situation, and developed into progress and improvement.

As things started to click, groups formed into more form and consistency.

During the history lesson at lunch the interest was confirmed by the looks of contemplation and understanding of the deposit that was made on the cost of our future as a nation on that day, April 19, 1775.

The contemplation and understanding turned into action as these fine Americans on the line applied themselves, groups tightened, and rifleman, and Women, were formed on the Anvil of the AQT.

I can positively say that more were added to the ranks of Fine, Informed, Educated Amercans at this shoot.

And I look forward to seeing many of them again, both on and off the line in the future.

Again, thank you all who attended, improved and applied yourselves. It is events like this that bolster my hope for this nation and our future.

Thank you all for making another great weekend in my calender.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT