News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Announcing: CT's first (I think) LibertySeed - Sept 29

Started by The Log, August 05, 2011, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

I'll be running my first LibertySeed event at Thomaston Public Library on Thursday, 29-Sep-2011, from 6:00PM to 7:30PM. This started as an attempt to get into the homeschool community in my area and will be heavily marketed to them and in general. Details to follow.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

Change of venue - the organizer wanted to add a speaker, an attorney who will give a lecture on the Constitution. The event will be promoted mostly to CT homeshoolers, but sill still be open to the public. We've moved to a function room in a nearby bowling alley (!) to accommodate a larger crowd and a longer event.

</log>

The Log

BTT. Plus, getting closer now. I've put together a Powerpoint show to go along with my Strikes - just background stuff, mainly portraits of the main players, plus a very few maps to orient the crowd and keep their attention. The audience will be kid-enriched, since this is being pushed to homeschoolers, so I'll need to keep the story lively to keep them from drifting.

My faithful sidekick Who_Me? will be riding shotgun on this, working the laptop and keeping time. Anyone else who wants to come along is more than welcome. PM me and I'll set you up with directions.

</log>

Fred

Are you thinking ahead, to the next one?

You need to have another on the sched, preferably in the "next 30 days", so you can work the "tell your friends, relatives, etc" angle.

You can't do that, unless you have another already on the books.

The notion behind this is anything but a one-shot deal. Like Appleseeds, they are supposed to grow, expand, multiply.

We do this right, and we may be able to double our numbers (see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24352.0 - sorry it's available only to instructors who are IIT2 and above) - and our growth.

Just a thought.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Log

Good point - I'll put the challenge to the CT crew to set one up. If nobody steps up, I'll get another LS set up for October, and sell it after my talk.

The exciting news here is that 18 homeschool families have signed up for this so far. We could have close to 100 people there! Looks like the synergy between my talk and the Constitution Lobby folks is paying off. Better make sure I bring enough trifolds...

</log>

Who_Me?

Quote from: The Log on September 13, 2011, 07:30:56 AM

My faithful sidekick Who_Me? will be riding shotgun on this, working the laptop and keeping time. Anyone else who wants to come along is more than welcome. PM me and I'll set you up with directions.

</log>

Wait, what am I doing?

I get signed up for a lot of stuff without being asked....

Ahem, yes, I actually have something important to add, instead of the snarky teenage attitude. I've been to the function room before and it's really nice. If memory serves, there's a nice little raised area that Loggy can give the strikes from and if we set up chairs on the dance floor then it will be quite nice :)

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

The Log

Just finished this one - all in all, a success. I reached at least 50 Americans, and the message was well received. Details at the IAAR - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25385.0

On to the next one - probably Thomaston Library, probably October. Stay tuned for details.

</log>