News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential new long distance range Cass County-needs help!

Started by SebalLudington, October 03, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebalLudington

A man is trying to put in a new long distance range in Cass county. Told by the Cass County zoning board it would be "no big deal", and you have to know Cass to understand this, it should have been a warning. At the zoning hearing about 60 rabid anti-range people materialized. I've spoken to one of the business partners involved this morning, she called me. They are absolutely open to having appleseeds there, this would be a new venue potential! But they need people to show up at the next hearing in favor of it. The next hearing is Weds. Oct. 5th at 0900 at the old Cass Co. courthouse at 102 E Wall St. in Harrisonville, MO on the 2nd floor. One of the complaints was "a 30-06 bullet could travel seven miles and strike a home." Along with disrupting the natural habitat of the timber rattlers....seriously.
So, if anyone has time and could come, it's 0900 Weds. morning. A new appleseed for Cass! whoo!
'scuse me, I've got to go saddle Star and round up folks!
Sebal >:(

HectorFuego

Sebal,

I'm afraid I can't make it on the 5th.  You might want to contact Fred for advice on how to handle the meeting.  Something tells me he could offer some good advice.

A properly constructed range, situated on an appropriate piece of land, and manned by trained safety conscious instructors is safer than a gravel truck barreling down a country road at 45 miles per hour.  Last time I looked Cass county still has a lot of unpaved roads.

BTW, I PMed you on another subject.  Let me know what you think.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

Scarecrow

A PM to the RWVA Regional Coordinator would not hurt either.
Forum name Greg in MO.

SebalLudington

Well, the owner backed down from the fight. And, it may not be suitable for a long distance range, BUT they owner is still very much open to the idea of holding appleseed there! So we may end up getting a new place to shoot an appleseed after all!

HectorFuego

Excellent. O0  I lived in Cass County for 18 years.  Where is the potential range (general vicinity)?

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

SebalLudington

Drexel! There is a Casey's there for yummy Casey's coffee!  ;D

Celt

Sebal,

Thanks for posting this. That's to bad that he won't end up with the long distance range. If you want to PM me with this fellows contact info I'll see what we can work out as far as hosting AS there.     Ian
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12