News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico Gun Owners Association (NMGOA)

Started by TaosGlock, October 11, 2011, 12:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Just discovered this group.
Have you guys attended any of their meetings?
Seems like a good 7th step venue. Some of their members may know some new venues for shoots.
We are considering attending their meeting here tomorrow at the Golden Corral.
They have meetings in all parts of the state.
Here:
http://www.nmgoa.org/
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BlueFeather

We went to a meeting last night with the director, Aaron Lee, from Fruitland NM.  His big issue is to make sure that there is a pro-gun representative present in Santa Fe, every day during the legislative session.  He also wants to promote a NM Constitutional Carry (ie. carry concealed or open without the need of a license, same as AZ.)   

He had a meeting in Alamo on monday and SamD supports him.  I think he is going around the state, publicizing this. This is his remaining schedule:

10/14/2011 - Luna, NM
10/22/2011 8:00am - Taos
10/22/2011 12:00pm - Raton
10/22/2011 6:00pm Clayton

Check out the website nmgoa.org and the facebook link for the particulars.   He has downloadable flyers that you can print out and include in the handouts to students.  This is a great opportunity to get active in the politics of NM.

/Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

TaosGlock

In a nutshell he also wants to set up what I call a modern day Paul Revere alert system.
When an issue comes up that is important, the phone tree to your rep gets activated. Everyone calls in. If your rep does not hear from you, he/she will vote the way the lobbyists they want.
That no longer serves us.
And yes, Arron has heard of Appleseed and supports our mission.
Our reps are also hearing of Appleseed.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Yep, I've heard of GOA and they do good work. We've already got alert systems, depending on who's lists you are on, just ask the mayor of Ruidoso! :) Won't hurt to be on another one.

Just got an email from Congressman Pearce's staff this morning stating he can not attend one right now but they are encourging his staff around the state to attend Appleseeds. Pester any of his offices in the various cities and hold them to it. My last one on one conversation with the Congressman, he'd been out shooting his AR! We're working with his Roswell staff to get their CCL's, as it is, Strawberry and I have been his only townhall security.......O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx