News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Can instructors attend Appleseed as Shooters?

Started by dragonfly, October 05, 2011, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Yes, and we have two events this weekend that would be perfect Lacrosse http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19592.0 and Lodi  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20376.0 Please bring some friends, its like a family picnic with shooting  :~ .
See you this weekend  ;)

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

Don't all family picnics include shooting? :---

Seriously, Instructors!  If the shoot is covered, by all means show up and shoot...
Don't let those skills go dormant.  Like mine a friend of mines... :-X
Oh, and it should be on every instructors list to score Rifleman at full distance!

:--- :--- :--- :--- :---
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SPQR

Our state coordinator in indiana is a real piece of work.  He requires us to requal and then posts our scores.  next year he is going to make us requal while demonstrating an AQT in front of students.  Talk about shame as a motivator  O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

zamboni_driver

AFTERMATH

Oh, and all it costs for IT's is one months pay deducted right outta your RWVA paycheck!  Talk about convenience!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Dog

Quote from: SPQR on October 05, 2011, 09:50:47 PM
Our state coordinator in indiana is a real piece of work.  He requires us to requal and then posts our scores.  next year he is going to make us requal while demonstrating an AQT in front of students.  Talk about shame as a motivator  O0

I think its great that we are getting past the time when folks feared to shoot in front of the attendees.  I can remember them using the excuse that the instructor might "mess up" and look bad in front of the students.  If you can shoot, you can shoot.

Have a good time.  If you can't have a good time shooting, what are you doing in Appleseed?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

9mm4545

I like it. This will be coming to Florida, I just feel it. I do try very hard to get the IIT's shooting every time it is possible. Some people do after all learn by imitation and observation and watching "men (and women) who know very well what they are about" can be inspiring as well.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

TruTenacity

Check out the answers to the following questions on TIPS FAQ.

If I'm signed up as an instructor for an event may I shoot at that event?
http://appleseedinfo.org/tips/faq.php#workevent14

May instructors sign up to shoot at events, and not sign up to instruct?
http://appleseedinfo.org/tips/faq.php#workevent15
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Texas Rifleman

I have heard this asked alot. Thanks for posting it up.
If the shoot was covered we always just checked with the SB and tried to get in an AQT or two to keep the skills honed.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

dragonfly

The key is to come shoot, and bring some friends  ;)
Thanks,
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

floydf

Especially for us City Dwellers.  Not a lot of places outside of Appleseed for us to shoot.  Not like being out in the country where you can shoot four or five AQTs every weekend in your backyard to keep the skills up.

Getting to shoot a couple of AQTs on Sunday afternoon is the icing on the cake of a always rewarding weekend of instructing, and I sure appreciate shoot bosses who permit it.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Patriot Gal

If I'm given the opportunity while instructing at a shoot, I will shoot an AQT to show the shooters that instructors can shoot expert.  One, I'm a woman and my shooting impresses them and hopefully gives them some added determination, and two, I do need to shoot when I have the opportunity.  Sometimes 3-4 mo. go by without my shooting an AQT an that's a loooong time!

As instructors, we certainly need to keep our skills sharp.  It was much easier to talk KD to the students after I had successfully done it.  It is also more convincing when you have shot expert at KD to be able to tell the students unequivocally,  that the skills they're learning at 25yds. easily translate into expert scores at full distance given the right come-ups.

Patriot Gal

Quote from: 9mm4545 on October 06, 2011, 05:44:15 PM

I like it. This will be coming to Florida, I just feel it. I do try very hard to get the IIT's shooting every time it is possible. Some people do after all learn by imitation and observation and watching "men (and women) who know very well what they are about" can be inspiring as well.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan