News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fredericksburg, Texas 10/22 AAR

Started by Two Wolves, October 25, 2011, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

Second weekend in a row and we're back at it, &)  teaching rifle marksmanship and telling the stories of April 19,1775. Thank you Tommy, Mark C, Mark M, Jerry,and Tonya for all your hard work. O0   Being that Daniel, our new rifleman could not return for Sunday  :( , we stayed and shot AQTs  :~  till the sun went down. The effort was well worth it :) . Daniel persisted and qualified with a 218.  ^:)^  Great job. We were blessed to have Jackie return for a second week in a row  :pop: , this time with two cars of fine young future riflemen.(and riflewomen). Robert, Eric, Kevin, Lauren and Martha  :cool2: . Also enjoyed Haley from Corpus, and Carol from west Texas ^-^ . Don was working hard at the targets but was plagued with equipment issues  :DH: . Getting those resolved will bring him into the riflemans group. Thanks Kevin and Marrisa for joining us on Sunday. Hope to see all of you again. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

dragit

I think Two Wolves covers it well.  We also had a reporter participate in the shoot.  Said she had a good time.  I will post article when it comes out.

Stragnoc to Rifleman Daniel.  We stayed later to allow Daniel to shoot an AQT after other participants decided to call it a day.  He responded with a 209.  Well, he did not want to wait until the next AS to try again...   :--- - 218.  Good job Daniel.  Hope to see you again.

Thank you to participants and instructors for making this a successful weekend.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Texas Rifleman

+1 to you guys for helping Daniel !!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

POP

What Tx Rifleman said.
Stargnoc Daniel.
Do we see an orange hat in Daniel's future?
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Hiker Dan

Thanks to all the instructors that were out this past weekend.  I really enjoyed myself even though I could only do one day.  It was neat seeing all the new shooters out trying to get better and learn a little history to boot.  Thanks also for staying late and letting me shoot the 2 AQTs - even  if the wife did get a little upset I checked in about 2 hours later than expected. :)

I was hoping I would come on here and see that Don shot well enough to earn Rifleman on Sunday, stinks that his gun wouldn't cooperate! 

I made several calls on the way home to San Antonio to friends and relatives about attending an Appleseed.  I definitely plan on returning, doing the whole weekend and bringing company the next time.  Who knows, maybe if I can shoot over 210 again and prove that Saturday wasn't just a whole lotta luck, I'll don an orange hat!

Dan

kh59chevy

What a Great way to spend a Sunday! Punching paper with all the future riflemen that came out to Fredericksburg  enjoying the day and comradery, A big Thank You to the Crew that make Fbg Appleseed the wonderful learning experience it is and helping my daughter working her way up that AQT scorecard. See you in December! Kevin and Marisa  :---