News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pecos Run N Gun RSO's Needed!

Started by alonso1, October 04, 2011, 10:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alonso1

Hi y'all

Well the big day is almost here.  I spoke with Smokey, via e mail, today and he said there will be a lot of runners this year.  In fact, we are short RSO's.  Smokey asked if I would get a head count of all the Appleseed Riflemen who will be there Friday (10-14-11) to RSO.

So if you plan on being there Friday, please let me know and I'll relay the info to Smokey.

See you there.
                                                 Mark

Aromatic

voortrekker

I am in as well to RSO for Pecos Run N Gun.

The ire of the M1A will be realized once again on those steel plates, way over there in no mans land, Pecos, TX .     ^:)^

Looking forward to this Pecos Run N Gun as it is the 10th Anniversary!!!!

We have 6 RWVA Red Hats that have volunteered to RSO this extraordinary once a year event.

Are there any other Appleseeders that will be in attendance for this year's Pecos Run N Gun?

If you can make it, reply here.

for details contact alonso1 (search members on this forum).

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

oladcock

I know one new orange hat who'll be there participating, "dieslpwrd", and a fellow from Lubbock who just attended his first AS, Greg Parrott. Good luck to all!...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

ConradG

is there an estimate of how many runners will be there this year?

kowboygunsmith

I was there and i believe that there were close to 60 runners.
"Dolor Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cicatrices Virgines Placent"

K98Al

I believe there were 29 on Friday, 51 on Saturday.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

ConradG

I met a few people, Alonso was one of them. I was the little short stubby guy carrying around the hk91 clone. lol not next year though

kowboygunsmith

wow, i don't know where i got 60 from. I was the guy with the m44 mosin nagant.

Aromatic

I remember both of you.  I was the RSO in the cowboy hat at station 4.

ConradG

ah man at stage four if i would have had 5 more round i think i could have hit that last target. i was so tired and shaky from carrying all that crap i had and lost my shooting stick after the first stage. next year less crap and a way lighter rifle i am still sore and my neck also. ..:..  I remember you with the mosin

kowboygunsmith

That was way more fun than i thought it would be. Yes it was hard but that is what made it fun.

Guess who bought new stripper clips and then tried to use them without checking them for function first? that was me. When i read that you should bring 80 rounds for your rifle i said to myself 90 would be better. so i carried it. I also carried 6 mags for my 1911 and 2 canteens.  I didnt even use half of my rifle ammo and i only used 2 1911 mags. plus i only drank one of the canteens.

My goal was simple, finish the run. And that i did. So i am very happy about that. I learned alot of things too which a feel made the whole thing invaluable.

I ate some humble pie. My buddy said, "you sure you want to bring that m44?" I said "why not? I have this little Rifleman patch that means that i should be able to........"  :slap: Well it turns out that not every old rifle is capable of grouping at 400 yds.

It also woke me up to how out of shape i have become so i have run a mile every night since and i'm already seeing positive effects and feeling better about myself.

I will be better prepared next year.