News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bowling Green, MO. Oct 2-3

Started by yellowhousejake, October 01, 2011, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Saturday, what a great day today. The weather could not be better. The Missouri folks are great hosts, fine instructors, and the shooters want to learn.

We have lots of good groups, one rifleman already re-qualified. Tomorrow should be a fantastic day.

YHJ

Sunday, even better! The weather was beautiful, the people were wonderful, the marksmanship outstanding. Niecie and I would go back to MO anytime.

We all learned something, even the instructors. We made our mostly experienced line of students try a new drill both days. A little something I hear comes from DonD. Everyone got to work on their trigger control under the watchful eyes of instructors and it paid off well. We saw almost no trigger problems all weekend.

The good groups just kept coming all weekend and we re-qualified three Rifleman! Ken Terry, and Zack (I don't need a 30 caliber rule) showed they learned the lessons and could back up their patches.

We saw lots of scores knocking at the door all weekend, we saw Dan try diligently at iron sights finally taking a scoped rifle and providing a 30+ point jump. Helps to be able to see the targets doesn't it?

We saw Judy's scope make a swan dive for the mat in the middle of what may have been her best AQT of the day.

Zack, Paige, and Mitchell proved to up to the task of keeping up with the adults. Kids NEVER let me down at Appleseed. It was a pleasure to have each of you on the line.

Families, old friends, new friends, the history of our great country, warm sunshine an the sound of Freedom. It was a great weekend, and a privilege to be your Shoot Boss.

Niecie will get some pictures up as soon as she can.

Thanks Missouri!

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

Abe Froman?!  The Sausage King of Chicago?!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

loves2hunt59

It never ceases to amaze me the quality of people you meet  at an Appleseed. Nor the way this Program can pull together disparate talent from across an entire region on short notice to put on a successful event. 
Thanks YHJ and Niecie for the journey.  Learned several new and very useful things from both of you. 
Thanks Nemohunter and WichtyWoman for arranging this venue and hosting.
Thanks to all the MO instructors for the welcome and your dedication.
Thanks to the attendees, you guys and gals make this worth the effort and never fail to amaze.  Take what you learned home, unpack it, practice those positions, dry fire. Seventh step.  Hope to see you all again, On The Appleseed Trail.
Happy birthday Paige.  (Sweeeet rifle!!!)

209Ken

YellowHouseJake and company - Thanks for a great weekend. The instruction, the history, the hospitality, it was all outstanding. You guys really are the salt of the earth.

Paige wanted me to thank all of you for the nice birthday wishes. I'm posting a picture of her with her new rifle.

209Ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

First time posting pics..
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Niecie

What a fantastic weekend! Thank you to all of the Missouri folks for their wonderful hospitality! You all made the loooong drive worth it! It was great to meet all of you in person. Please accept our invitation to visit us in Indiana!! Extra special thanks to WitchyWoman and Nemo Hunter for setting everything up and making sure we were fed and well taken care of. You guys are awesome  :bow:

Note to the families that came out to shoot: Thank you for sharing this special time with your children. They will appreciate it, as will the rest of us  :) I am always happy to see families on the line and encourage them to come out and be a part of the learning together. 

Special note to Paige - I hope you enjoyed your birthday ^:)^ Your parents are phenomenal! What a great present. Remember to work on learning how your rifle works and practice - the scores will come. You made amazing progress over the weekend. You will be a Rifleman in no time.

Thanks again to EVERYONE at the shoot! We really enjoyed our weekend and are proud to call Missouri our friends.

Here are the Saturday pics I promised. I will get Sunday up as soon as I can.

Good Morning Shooters

What a beautiful place to be on a Saturday morning in October...Thanks to Nemo Hunter for the glorious display!

Red Coat target

Learning the how-tos from our amazing instructors!
JungleGeorge reaches for that last piece of pumpkin pie in the back of the fridge...

LovestoHunt59 shows off an awesome way to demo sights on the target...

Instructors on the ground helping the shooters... a lot of one - on - one this weekend.  ^:)^

JungleGeorge pauses during a poignant moment during the Second Strike...

Learning the other positions after lunch...

Seated - Restless shows us how it is done  :)

And the shooters do it perfectly!

..........and the transitions

First AQT

LovestoHunt59 delivers us the Third Strike

YellowHouseJake congratulates Ken on his second Rifleman score  ^:)^

What a wonderful group -  O0 O0 O0

Niecie

Ready for more photos? Here are the pics from Sunday. Another gorgeous day, btw!! We had 4 new shooters join us. Well, new for the weekend, but Zack, Judy, Mitchell, and Terry are not new to Appleseed! They jumped right in and got down to business!

Glad you all were there!
Early a.m. refresher...

Ball and Dummy exercise

Getting ready for the AQT Grind...

Zack showing off the awesome trigger made for him by Nemo Hunter!!

Another Rifleman! Terry's second one  ^:)^

Family photos...

Zack listening closely as YellowHouse jake talks about the Garand and CMP

The amazing youth of the day :bow: :bow:

Packing up to go...Always bittersweet. See ya all down the trail. Thank you for a wonderful weekend  O0

Jungle George

It was a great weekend we had a lot of dedicated shooters.  We MO instructers took home some new training ideas from yellow house Jake.  It was really great for him and his wife niecie to drove so far to help out.  Niecie was great help in passing out targets and scoring them and everything else that she did.  Hopefully we will cross trails again.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778