News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mighty Quiet Here

Started by DaveD, June 26, 2008, 11:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Is there anyone out there in Indiana land?

Only had 9 shooters in Evansville, an active group,  but still small

I know we have an Indy 1500 gun show August 22, 23, 24 with a table to setup and man

Appleseeds = Wabash Oct 18-19
                   Evansville  Oct 25-26

I will be working the Indiana Home School groups with an intro letter to the Appleseed Program.  Maybe can generate some interest there.  Anyone else working for more shooters?

usafe7ret
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

usafe7ret and cohort,

Finally whipping this chest crud that has had me down.  Expect a flurry of activity this weekend.  Everyone be working on their promo ideas.  We need a range for Constitution Day in September, pronto, as Freedom fell through.

hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Spatulaman

Quote from: hawkhavn on June 26, 2008, 11:26:05 PM
usafe7ret and cohort,

Finally whipping this chest crud that has had me down.  Expect a flurry of activity this weekend.  Everyone be working on their promo ideas.  We need a range for Constitution Day in September, pronto, as Freedom fell through.

hawkhavn

Let me know if you're successful and we'll get a flyer made up for your shoot.

J Jessup

Quote from: usafe7ret on June 26, 2008, 11:11:13 PM
Is there anyone out there in Indiana land?

I will be working the Indiana Home School groups with an intro letter to the Appleseed Program.  Maybe can generate some interest there.  Anyone else working for more shooters?

usafe7ret

usafe7ret:

Do you have a contact for all the homeschool groups?  The convention was this past spring, so you must be planning a mailing?    Good job.  I'm just curious how you're getting it out there.  I might be able to help get an announcement into our local homeschool paper, but I doubt they'd reproduce an entire letter.  They might because it's email format now, I believe.

Chap

DaveD

17Chap,

I just did a Goggle search for Indiana home school organizations and got a huge list.  My wordprocessor program has now died  >:(  I can't even download the fliers now.
So will see what I can do with Wordpad.  ???

Yes, I was looking at a mailing. If you can get something into your paper go for it and give us some feedback on your efforts.  I trying to get together a package with intro letter & event flier for our region.

usafe7ret
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Mudcat

If I could get a copy I can pass it along to our home school group. We are home schoolers and have an active group here in the Evansville, Warrick and Spencer county area.

I didn't know there was a AS back in Evansville for Oct. I could use a flier for this event. Where can I find it?

By the way thatks again for the use of the Rifle last weekend usafe7ret.

Greg Harris
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Scout

Don't forget law enforcemment and military when you are contacting people. Get a list of all your state law enforcement agencies and send them invitations. We have a great number of law enforcement members in our group and several swat and special operations guys.

I try and email all the law enforcement guys when I am promoing a state. You can explain to them in your email how have an officer who has had Appleseed training is a big plus for their "special" units.

It might take a while, but if oyu compile a list of them in your email program, you can just send a nice form invitation to each event.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)