News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Stepping to the State Fair in Las Cruces

Started by TaosGlock, September 29, 2011, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Some of you guys here have done your local state fairs. The  10'x10' table/booth fee of $500 for 5 days or $300 for Fri.-Sun. is a steep time and money expense. So I had not done the fair for those reasons.

But recently, I had a opportunity to jump in with the Dona Ana Republican Party booth. And yeah, I know we are not partisan yada yada... :)
Some of their members have attended our shoots and additionally,  the local gun club was raffling an M1 Garand. So BF and I put up a poster to help attract state fair people to the table. Naturally we decided the winner was to receive a free coupon to attend an Appleseed.
Sooo.... this led to handing out trifolds and 7th stepping the shoots for the rest of of you guys too.

State fairs attract all types of folks (mostly families) unlike gun shows. So it is a great way to reach a vastly more diverse crowd.
We had but a tiny corner to use (the rest of that table/booth filled up). We had a M1, a clip of dummy rounds and a authentic bayonet on the table. It attracted a bunch of folks who all got trifolds and a chance to win an M1 thru our local gun club.
And then of course attend a 2 day Appleseed to learn how to safely and effectively use that M1.

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

oladcock

Great work! Glad to see the Navy Jack on the table!  O0 ....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

RiflesnReins

My family is planning on supporting a banner next year for AS. Do you know where we could get one?

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Scarecrow

A PM to POP here on the forum would be a good place to start.

Quote from: RiflesnReins on October 04, 2011, 05:18:26 PM
My family is planning on supporting a banner next year for AS. Do you know where we could get one?

RnR