News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Self Reliance Expo Salt Lake City October 7/8 - Need Help with Indoor Range

Started by Prone to Knit, September 21, 2011, 11:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

An indoor range at a conference?

MtnManPrepper and my husband oneshot_onehole manned a booth this past Friday and Saturday at the Self Reliance Expo in Denver. There was an attendance of about 5000. We talked with around 700 people/families. The attendees were very receptive to our message.  At many times people were lined the width of the table and three deep at the booth.  There was only one other booth as busy as this one was.

Scott, the organizer of the Expo, donated the $1000 booth thanks to MtnManPrepper. Scott likes our message and presentation. He said he interviewed twenty people after they left our booth and all had a positive response with no negative comments.

The point of this is that Scott would like us to be at all of the Self Reliance Expos for the rest of this year and next. He will donate a space up to 20 X 60 feet for us at each of the next six shows (one this year and five next year). These shows are held throughout the western states.

The next expo is October 7-8 in Salt Lake City. Scott expects an attendance of 14,000 or more (this is the weekend of the national LDS convention held in Salt Lake City).

What Scott has requested is that we have a booth for information and also touch on marksmanship instruction using pellet guns for those 18 and under. He said that kids 12 and under are usually free but he will let 18 and under in free if they are going to visit our booth. Scott owns a backdrop he'll let us use.

MtnManPrepper, oneshot_onehole and I are willing to head this up at all the expos with the assistance of local instructors.

We think this is a great opportunity to spread the AS message to a very receptive audience.

What we are asking is for some Utah instructors to respond as soon as possible that they can give a solid commitment to this expo.  We need instructors to run a safe mini-firing line at the booth and instructors to talk about Appleseed. Oneshot_onehole and I will definitely be there as well as possibly one or two other Colorado instructors. This will be good for all of Appleseed.

Please PM me or oneshot_onehole (Jim) as soon as you can so we can move forward on this.  You won't need to provide anything for the booth except your time.

Thanks,
Kim

Jim and Kim Heath
CO State Coordinators
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

V

Just in case anyone thinks Utah isn't on this already, be aware PM's and emails are flying.

Thanks Jim and Kim and to the Utah cadre who are stepping up to work with you.

As things solidify I'm sure more information will be posted here

Cheers
V

Two-of-Three

Quote from: Prone to Knit on September 21, 2011, 11:56:42 PM
The next expo is October 7-8 in Salt Lake City. Scott expects an attendance of 14,000 or more (this is the weekend of the national LDS convention held in Salt Lake City).

BTW, the national LDS convention is the previous weekend (Oct. 1 & 2).  Don't know what that will do to the numbers.
... one bullet at a time.

SniperCat

Sorry all, but I will not be able to join you.  Sharpeyedfirechild will also be home (Las Vegas) for fall break.  We would be interested in joining you for future events like this. 

Attached are some tri-fold inserts and some flyers that I maintain for Utah.  At this time, they are current.  Hope you can use them.   

Bobbi
Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)