News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, Mn. 9-17,18- 20011

Started by sparks1, September 19, 2011, 11:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Saturday, the anniversary of our Constitution, brought out 4 shooters to the range at Hinckley, Mn.

Connie,  James,  Charley,  and Deb thought enough of sacrificing a weekend to learn their heritage and marksmanship skills. All had a teachable attitude and it was evidenced with greatly improved shooting skills by the end of the weekend. James impressed me by sitting out a couple stages, just so he could question Aftermath about the specifics of what was being taught. Guess that is the engineer in him.

James...get those irons for that rifle and practice the basics given.
Connie...Well done ! For never having shot a rifle before,  you took the instruction and were really turning in some good groups.
Charley and Deb...great to have you and practice the steps. Deb was our "public math" whiz.

Sunday...Two shooters had prior commitments and could not return that day, but promised to attend another time. I believe the rain and aches from Sat. prohibited the other two from returning. I'm sure they will be back to another Hinckley shoot, and I look forward to seeing them.

Aftermath and I spent the day at the range...did a 100yd., .22cal AQT. I must say it was interesting and if given the opportunity at least do one. Wind IS a factor with .22's and distance.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Nothing like spending the weekend on the range with your fellow Americans.
It was unfortunate you all couldn't make it back on Sunday.
But not as unfortunate as all those who passed up an excellent weekend with perfect weather.
I guess you're all holding off for the WinterSeeds, just around the corner.  ..:..

Sparks handled his first time running an event with class! 

And well, I do believe we'll be going for that 1/4 distance AQT at the next event in Hinckley.
So, don't miss out!  James, Connie, Charles and Deb - Practice, practice, practice!

See you all on the Trail!

Rochester next weekend - Hinckley again, after that!  That's two more opportunities before the lakes freeze over. 

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]