News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed needs women instructor

Started by BlueFeather, September 14, 2011, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFeather

Hey all you female instructors -- how about helping out at the first Albuquerque Ladyseed?  Help women shoot better -- you know we are easier to teach!  The dates are Oct 15-16th and signing up is easy: just PM Instructor Scheduling   (and include me as well) and say you want to work.   Otherwise we'll have to enlist men to help! 

Thanks a lot

/Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

TrebleShooter

Let me see if I can rally some troops.  I don't know if I can make it yet, but I'll try to find you help anyways :)
~Ashley

Old Glory!

Keeping an eye on this.  If it warrants travel, I'll juggle my schedule. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

BlueFeather

We can probably get male instructors from the state, but I would like to keep it all female if possible.  We do have a couple of other women IITs nearby so I would like to impress upon them to step up!   So far its me and Shooter. 
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

nmmi9100

Gill:

I looked at my calendar and I'll be in Shepherdstown, WV for a gov't class from 14-21 October.  I sent Geneva a Text to remind her about the shoot.  Maybe she can come help.

-David

Fred

I'd suggest the key to this is not getting female instructors - but getting the female students.

Between now and then, can you email news of this event to various women's groups - even newspapers in ABQ?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Shooter

Flyers have been placed around town, as well as electronic postings in the Albuquerque Journal online events calendar and craigslist events.  I hadn't thought of specific women's groups.  I will research that as well.
Shooter
Elaine

TaosGlock

Has anyone covered Sportsman's Warehouse? Lots of families go there.
The big poster (or even the small 8x10") with a date and location would be great!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Shooter

Yes - I've done Sportsman's, Sports Authority and Walmart (only 1 location so far).  I am going to a couple of Big 5's tonight.  I also placed quite a few at the ABQ shooting range.
Elaine

TaosGlock

Great work!
And BTW there are 2 shooters signed up already!
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Hit the churches, there are some DOW's in them for sure! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

RifleWoman

1. Do you have t-shirts or do you need me to send some.

2. I got 3 women to go to the ladyseed here in CO just by posting on Facebook that I was going did anybody else want to go.  Get everybody you know including the instructors to post on their FB pages that they will be there wanna come?  People feel more comfortable if somebody is going to be there that they know.  Also, have them state that they'll help them find loaner rifles if they need one.  This was a big deal for those that came with me. 

3. Post something on Craigslist.  Women read that all the time. 

4. Know any ladies with Blogs?

5. The big key is word of mouth.  Some how you've got to get people telling people how great AS is.  How about getting the men to get their wives to go. 

That's just a few ideas.  You've probably already thought of all of them though.  Good luck
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

nmmi9100

Geneva texted me yesterday that she was a definite no-go on helping out.  She's got some intern project that weekend.

She asked if you could reschedule.  I told her all was set, even fees covered at the city range.

-David
Edgewood, NM