News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID Sep 10-11 AAR

Started by actineon, September 11, 2011, 12:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

actineon

10 good souls carried on Appleseed tradition in sunny Coeur d'Alene.

A few days ago I was installing cement backer board in a fairly foolish manner which resulted in a herniated disk which is now pressing against my sciatic nerve and shooting pain up and down my left leg. Since I was the only red hat coming, it was time to grin and bear it. Fortunately for me OnlyHitsCount and Beastmode44 generously took over and did all the lifting and setup while I uselessly checked in people while mumbling "owie, owie, owie." (For those of you unfamiliar with modern pain management protocol, it has been scientifically proven that muttering "owie, owie, owie" will substantially mitigate sciatic pain. I know it works for me.) Actually, I had a good time and the pain wasn't too bad since I didn't lift anything and I rarely sat down.

The shooters were worth it though and much progress was made. Eric shot another couple of rifleman scores Saturday and others are knocking at the door. We even had doughnuts delivered by some shooters. (Eat your hearts out with jealousy all you other underappreciated instructors.)

Roland

Hey, good job guys, sorry I couldn't be there, but I had previous obligations...

Roland/Dirk
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

actineon

Excellent group of shooters. Congratulations to all for a well shot weekend!  O0

All three servicemen shot rifleman scores. Huzzah! Thanks for the good work you do for all of us.

Eric shot a 210 KD as well as numerous 25 meter rifleman scores! Very good. Kris and Monty both shot rifleman for the first time on Sunday.  O0

Rhianna, your form was very good and your groups were excellent! With a scope that doesn't drift and a little more experience with the timed rounds you would have shot rifleman.

Tiffany, very good shooting with that heavy AR.

Bruce, Diane, and Birch. Good job shooting. Hopefully next time rifle problems will be lessened. You're moving in the right direction.

Hayden and Zach, awesome job!

OnlyHitsCount

What can we say?  Just a fabulous weekend!  A great bunch of shooters, great attitudes!   :) :)

Thanks to Actineon for showing up and enduring the pain so that we could all enjoy a beautiful Idaho weekend.  Hope you're on the mend!   $$-0

Hayden and his friend Zach had a great time shooting and especially enjoyed having Loren on the line Sunday.  Thanks for all your help, and God bless!   ;)

Congrats to Monty and Kris, our two new Riflemen!   ^:)^  And also to Eric for his KD Rifleman score!   ^:)^  I enjoyed having you all on the line and my boys really loved your stories!  Thanks for all that you have done on our behalf!

Tiffany, fantastic job with your AR.  Enjoyed having you on the line and look forward to seeing you in the future.  Rhianna, awesome groups and great persistence!  Solve a few equipment issues and I think you're knocking on the door of Rifleman!  And Diane, great improvement!  Practice dry-firing and watch that trigger control.   O0 O0  - I can't wait to see you all again at the Ladyseed next month?!  I hope that all of you can make it!   :cool2:

Bruce and Eric - Grat job on the 7th stepping!  Keep up the good work!!   ..:..
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Western Rose

Looks like a fantastic event! Thanks to all of the attendees who came.

Actineon, thanks for working through the back issue! OnlyHitsCoutn, Beastmode44, Deu1118, thanks for filling in!

Wish I could have been there!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Ah man, Evenstar misses out again! Looks like it was a blast!

Eric, is this the first KD rifleman score you've made? In any case, congrats! O0

Congratulations to our new Riflemen as well!

Nice going guys. :cool2:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reformed Redneck

Greetings,

Sounds like a fine Idaho Appleseed to me. It's a pleasure to see all the smiles in the photos.

Congratulations to the new Riflemen. For those who are still aspiring seekers of the Rifleman patch, hang in there and persist. It consistently pays off.

Special congratulations to Eric! Way to go my friend!

A big thanks to Actineon and the rest of the staff. Job well done.

We'll be seeing you all again soon.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

sapper524

Quote from: Evenstar on September 12, 2011, 10:40:19 AM
Eric, is this the first KD rifleman score you've made? In any case, congrats! O0

Yes, only had the chance to shoot for record on the KD side once before, dont remember the score but it was sub 200 ...

Was a good shoot, grats to my bud Monty on first time Rifleman .... I then drug him to Montana for a long range (1000 yard) shoot ... he is offically hooked!

My work here is done ...
US Army / Retired
SAPPER-DZ

Rizzin

Quote from: sapper524 on September 21, 2011, 03:50:23 AM

My work here is done ...

no no no, you need to pick a new target and get that one hooked (rinse and repeat often as possible)