News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Mt. View, HI Aug 20-21, 2011 1st Hawaii Appleseed

Started by SavageShootr, August 21, 2011, 04:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

What a great day out at the range. It is tropical here. The weather is warm and half way clear one minute and raining the next. In other words, it is awesome!

I'd like to thank the BIGC for hosting this event. I also would like to thank the students for coming out and being so attentive. There was much improvement in scores today.

I will try to post the pictures before the night is over.

More to report later. Chime in everyone!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

SavageShootr

SavageShootr

SavageShootr

SavageShootr

CrazyCat gets his patch!!! With a score of 215!! Congratulations!!

SavageShootr

By the pictures I am certain you will see a brand new Orange Hat on the newest IIT in Hawaii!!! Thank You Jim for stepping up! Welcome to the ranks of Instructor.

Did I mention that this was a terrific day?  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Cranky_Yankee

"A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it."

Well, Mr. Franklin, we're going to do our part.  Thanks to Savage Shootr and Johnny Appleseed for bringing the event to Mountain View, Hawaii and the Big Island Gun Club. With patience, skill, and a depth of knowledge of both history and riflery, this first Hawaii Appleseed has re-introduced the history of the American Revolution to a new band of citizen Riflemen, and a few "cooks" who will soon be Riflemen with the skills they've learned this weekend.

Crazy Cat

Thanx again to JA and SS. 

Second day, everybody improved; SavageShootr has the stats.  First thing in the morning, I cleaned the Redcoat target, then shot a 231 on the AQT. ^:)^

We went ahead and penciled in another Appleseed for Dec 31/Jan 1; Hawaii is beautiful in the winter...or at least not all cold and snowy.

George Hacker

Quote from: Crazy Cat on August 22, 2011, 04:25:19 AM
We went ahead and penciled in another Appleseed for Dec 31/Jan 1; Hawaii is beautiful in the winter...or at least not all cold and snowy.
Somehow I don't think this should qualify for a winterseed patch.  ;)

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

ChadC

How about a papayaseed patch? I would love to attend!
-Chad

rkobaya

Thank you for the history lessons and teaching me how to shoot. Hope to welcome you back soon! Perhaps we can do another Appleseed in September? Keep the momentum going.

DWela

It was a privilege to attend.  SavageShooter and JohnnyAppleseed represented Appleseed well.   I learned a lot and will be practicing for the upcoming class at the end of the year.   

The history refresher was inspiring and reminded us all of how the rights we enjoy were bought with blood, sweat and tears.

SavageShootr

I would like to again thank all of the participants for coming out and making Hawaii's first Appleseed a huge success. It was an honor to be there with such fine Americans!

Cranky_Yankee Thanks for stepping up. You are the Big Island's very first IIT. Congratulations! It was obvious from the start that you know well what you are about.

rkobaya - hmmmm September, eh? Well there will be another Appleseed at the BIGC. We are talking about later in the year. We will post an announcement as soon as all the dust settles. Remember to dry practice the positions and that trigger reset. You will do well. Going from Unqualified on Saturday to 200 yard effective range was great. Your groups shrinking all along and dialing in those new tech-sights on that new in the box ruger 10-22 are a tribute to your openness to marksmanship techniques. Great job!

DWela - Thank You for coming out! Remember to practice all the positions. That Rifleman yoga stuff works. Putting it all together comes with practice. Thanks for the fig newtons too.

Larry - Great job out there. You absorbed much. You will put it all together. Thank You for being there and being so attentive.

Osamu - Thanks for Island hopping to attend the Appleseed. You have great trigger control and positions seemed to come to you with little difficulty. Practice, practice, practice. Thank You for the contact information.

Stuart - Thank You for coming out and bringing Lucas - No one would ever guess that you had not shot prior to coming out. You are both great to work with. Lucas is our future. He did very well too. I see our first youth IIT there (if he has the ability between studies) Thank You for coming. Congratulations on becoming a member of BIGC. Put that to use and get in some practice. I am sure if you run into the other guys out there you can do ball and dummy drills together. Or you could just take Lucas.

Lucas - It is rare to see such attentiveness in a young person. You were as open to the learning as everyone else was. Watching your improvement was fabulous. Thank You for reminding us how polite young people can be.

Bill - Though you could only attend on Saturday you were well represented. Thank You for taking the time to clean the range before we got there. I am glad we showed up Thursday and got you signed up. Thanks for coming out. I hope you can make it for both days next time.

Crazy Cat - What can I say.... Congratulations on the RM score on Saturday of 215, then the followup Sunday (with the centerfire) of 231. Thank you for all you did to get us there, for setting up, for being enthusiastic, for helping the other attendees, for letting us shoot your Garand, for making joining the BIGC affordable by getting 40.00 of the yearly fee waived, for your insights and knowledge of the Revolutionary War period, and for sharing with us all. 

Johnnyappleseed

Thanx to the Big Island Gun Club O0

It was an honor and a pleasure to meet each of you .

I am still looking for a pic of the neat little rifle Crazy Cat was shooting  ^-^

Will post more later and thank you all again .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Crazy Cat

I did have one weird thought this week.  When the shot heard round the world was fired, nobody in Hawaii heard it because it was three more years before Cap't Cook stumbled across the islands.

Johnnyappleseed

Good observation Crazy Cat   :o

By The way , we are all waiting for a description of the cool looking 10-22 :D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

CaptMac

Quote from: Crazy Cat on August 29, 2011, 12:16:33 AM
I did have one weird thought this week.  When the shot heard round the world was fired, nobody in Hawaii heard it because it was three more years before Cap't Cook stumbled across the islands.

In one way, I must disagree.  Although I was born almost 190 years after the shot was fired, I feel that have heard it.  I think many here have heard it and tried to play it back for others.  One does not hear it with the ears, one hears it with the heart and mind. 

Congrats and thanks to all who made this happen.  49 down, one to go, as far as states. 

As far as hearts and minds, we have millions more to reach. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

Johnnyappleseed

CaptMac,
Thanx for putting many of our thoughts in such profound words O0
Well said Sir
Calvin Coolidge