News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oxford Ks Sept 17-18 AAR

Started by The ][rishman, September 19, 2011, 11:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

We had a great time this weekend.
It started out with God's Electric Light Show and a bit of rain.
We were able to setup the line and then took shelter in the barn.  There we went over the morning intro and safety.  We even had some time to do some history.  Once the rain let up about 10:00, we drove back down to the range, reviewed safety one more time and did the parking lot drill.  From there things went smoothly.

Let me thank:  BakersDozen (I am thanking you first, so I won't forget) , GPBBiker, Jollybfd, DLM50cal, Bowmaker, khamill2000 and DWatson.  You guys make my job easy. 

We had three new Riflemen step forward this weekend.

Terry,  Billy Bob,  and Austin.

Terry is local LEO and a firearms trainer to LEO and civilians.  Terry has also accepted the Orange Hat.  Welcome aboard Terry.

Billy Bob is a coworker of mine and a good friend of DLM50 cal (yeah i know, most of us in AS become good friends).  Billy Bob you hung in there and it paid off.  Good Job!

Austin is the Director of the Cowly Co. 4H shooting program.  This was Austin's second Appleseed.  He humbly told me "this time I brought a teachable attitude".  Well, it paid off.  Austin shot the high score of the day with a 222! 

Congratualtions Riflemen,  it is an honor to ave you amoung us.

Lastly I would like to thank Joe, the range owner.  Thank you for getting us our start here in Kansas.  You always make sure we have everything we need and then some. 

Okay, I know I have left something or someone out.  Please share your stories and pictures as well.

][

III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

O0 Another GREAT shoot in Oxford! Thanks for stepping up, Terry...we'll see you down the road...congrats to the Riflemen! Good job ][rish and crew!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

A little Bit of rain??
My folks down the road to the east told me we got 2.75 Inches!!  And that was between 8:30 and 11:00 AM !! If you remember correctly, the last time we were here back in April?? was the last measurable precipitation! 4 and a half months without rain and most of it above 90 degrees and 53 days of 100+ !!
NO BODY complained!!
The shooters were great!! and once we get some of those younger folks convinced that they need to MOVE in order to shift their NPOA, we will have even more riflemen and Riflewomen!!
Yippee!! on you three new riflemen!! Persistance in all things!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

Celt

Yeah taking shelter in the barn seems like the popular thing to do for some of this last weekend. Good job guys. And thanks ][ for getting me the shoot box.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

johndeereboy24

glad yall had a great time last weekend,  great job to the new RM and instructor for pushing through the not so good weather. Sounds like most of us had RAIN RAIN RAIN but fun ha.
Shoot high miss high

The ][rishman

more pics
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

Great pics......thanks for posting!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

The ][rishman

In the op I said I would forget somene.  I did.  MobileSparky took most of the pictures and helped setup the shoot this weekend.   Thanks Sparky!

][
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT