News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Hartford - November 19/20, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by The Log, September 13, 2011, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Hartford Appleseed -  November 19/20, 2011
Last Updated: November 21, 2011

Event Information

Date: November 19/20, 2011
Shoot Boss:CaptMac (Sat), The Log (Sun)
Instructors/IITs:Jay Haich, Glock23 (Sat only), Who_Me? (Sun only)
Pre-Registrations: 9/20
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20258.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1912581583
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hat(s) needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date
See CT Promo Tracking
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

Less than month away and but one shooter signed up? What gives, folks? Is anyone selling this shoot? We had some stated interest from some of the shooters at Guilford last weekend, including some who were really close to getting the patch, but there's no movement on registrations yet. Have we papered the usual places in central CT lately? Is anyone handy to the club to see if they have trifolds and posters? I'll call Tom Devito and see how things are going on his end. But we need a big push to get this one sold!!

</log>

Jay Haich

Dan,

I have signed up as an IIT for both days.

Any movement on finding a Shoot Boss?

I will want to "trade up" to Instructor at this shoot - I am prepared to do the bulk of the instructing (and all the History if needed).

I will be available for range setup.

Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

The Log

We're still working on a Shoot Boss - anyone who wants to step up, let me know. Well, let IS know, actually.

CaptMac reports that he's busily Seventh Stepping this one, and we had strong interest from at least three Guilford shooters who were knocking at the door. So I expect the numbers to come up, but we still need to push the promo hard on this. Please make sure you post this on any of the forums you frequent - that seems to be the best method we've found for filling the lines.

</log>

CortJestir

Ok, looks like this one is starting to rev up a little here. We still need an SB and a few more I/IITs. Who's going to step up, folks?
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

LymiSeede

I can make it on one of the days, and possibly half of the other. I'll let you know by next week at the latest.
'A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.' - Chinese Proverb

CaptMac

Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Log

Thanks all for stepping up!

BUT --

We REALLY need someone to help out at a promo op at HGC the week before. I'm still working on the details, but we have a chance to set up a table during HGC's Veterans Open House on Sunday 13-Nov-2011, from 10 to 3. It'll be full of vets and their families, and at just a week before the shoot, we should be able to sell those last spots on the line.

See http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26176.0 for more details.

</log>

The Log

We're up to 9 shooters now - looks like last Sunday's promo at the club paid off some. Should be a cozy shoot on the newly reconfigured pistol range. Still plenty of room, though - sign up today!

</log>

Who_Me?

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

The Log

All wrapped up. One new Rifleman, and 9 reborn Americans. Not a bad weekend's work. Thanks to the CT crew for pulling together for coverage. AAR started - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26327.0

</log>