News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Connecticut's second Libertyseed is...

Started by The Log, September 13, 2011, 08:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

...now available for someone to sign up for  ^:)^

As Fred the Helpful so helpfully pointed out, Libertyseeds should not be a one-off event. Like our shoots, we should always be trying to drive attendees to the next one - come back, bring a friend, Appleseed grows, we start to save the sinking ship. It should be the same at a Libertyseed, but if there isn't another LS in the pipeline, what is there for you to sell?

With that in mind - who is going to step up and schedule the next Libertyseed in Connecticut? Looks like there may be upwards of 80-100 people at the one I'm doing on Sep 29, so I should have the pump nice and primed for you, as long as I do a good job. I'd like to be able to smoothly transition out of my talk with, "...and if you liked what you heard tonight, come to our next presentation at Hooterville Library on October 13th. Or, come to one of our Appleseed shooting events. Either way, bring a friend."

There's plenty of info on the forum on how to do a Libertyseed. If you already know the material, it should be a piece of cake. It's also a good way to polish up your skills if it's been a while since you did history.

So post or PM today and get on the schedule for October or November. Don't forget that we have a goal that each history-qualified instructor should do at least one Libertyseed a year, so now is the time to knock off yours. Or, for you IIT3s to step up. Don't let me have all the fun  ++)

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

Well, looks like it's on me. I've been asked to bring the Libertyseed road show to Thomaston Library, where my wife volunteers. It'll probably be on a Thursday in October - maybe the 27th.

Of course, if anyone wants to beat me to the punch...

</log>

CaptMac

I think I just agreed to do what will be my first Libertyseed.  However, it is not supposed to be until Nov. 6th, and it won't be happening in Connecticut. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Log

A Libertyseed by a CT instructor is great, no matter where it happens. But please dish us some details - would this be an NYC Libertyseed, perchance? Enquiring minds want to know.

As for my next Libertyseed, it'll be 2011-Nov-17 at 6:30PM, Thomaston Library, which is mercifully free of air hockey tables and pinball machines.

</log>

CaptMac

No, it will be in New Hampshire, given to a group of high-school aged students, one of which The Log met at Colebrook. 

Trust me, if it happens, I will broadcast it. 

EDIT:   Just got off the phone with the student bringing me in.  10:00 a.m., Sunday, November 6th, unless something changes.  I've got some work to do before then. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Log

Thomaston Library Libertyseed scheduled for Nov 17 is now on hold. The Director feels that the Board of Trustees needs to approve it. Even if they decide to approve, it won't be on the 17th as planned. Stay tuned for details.

</log>

The Log

We're back on the schedule at Thomaston Library. The board of trustees approved the LibertySeed, and they'll even take care of promoting it in the local papers. I had them schedule it for the New Year year, January 19th. I'll start a dashboard for it in a couple of weeks, in case anyone wants to pitch in.

Remember - we set the goal that every history-qualified Instructor and IIT does at least one LibertySeed in 2012. We should spread them out through the year, and geographically through the state, so start thinking about where and when your LibertySeed will be. And really - they're fun, they're easy, and they drive shooters to the line. After all - would you rather spend two hours telling the Three Strikes, or a weekend at a gun show?

</log>

The Log

Change of date: I had to push this back into February due to an unwanted but necessary trip to New Jersey for work reasons. The new date is February 16th at Thomaston Library.

</log>