News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bald Knob, AR Sep 10-11, 2011

Started by POP, September 11, 2011, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Bald Knob,AR
Highly Successful.

Thank you Patrick and Michael McCarty (owners) VETS Shooting Center for Hosting the event.
http://www.vetsshootingcenter.com/

Quickly 'cause I'm plum tuckered out:
6 shooters Saturday, 3 Sunday
3 new Riflemen
2 new Orange Hats
One OH promotion to IIT1

Pics & Comments to come.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

SigEp7182003

Once again a Big Thanks to Texas for helping out, it couldn't have been done without y'all. Finally I have my patch and maybe after I get a Lil more help in Ar, maybe I might take an orange hat. John and Nathan get ready cause next year we are hitting it hard. Be on the look out for lots of shoots taking place at VETS shooting center.
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

Quinncannon

Here's a few pictures from today...three were awarded the Rifleman Patch, and two took the Orange Hat!

First is Patrick, being awarded the Rifleman Patch by Pop. Patrick is one of the owners of Vets Shooting Center. Patrick is a U.S. Army and Air Force trained Sniper. He served in Iraq with the Arkansas National Guard. Patrick fired his first AQT, and easily scored a Rifleman score! He also accepted the Orange Hat!

Next is our own Arkansas state coordinator SigEp7182003, awarded the Rifleman Patch from Texas Rifleman.
He perservered like a true Rifleman and earned his Rifleman patch on his third Appleseed!

Next is Nathan with his dad Quinncannon! Nathan also perservered like a true Rifleman, and on his fourth Appleseed was awarded the Rifleman Patch and accepted an Orange Hat as well!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Quinncannon

The three new Riflemen added to our ranks!
"This we"ll defend"

Bill 3

Congratulations on a successful shoot and to the three new riflemen!  O0

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

AuntieBellum

It's nice to see some familiar faces in those pics - POP, Texas Rifleman, AND SigEP!  Congrats to SigEP and to all of the new Riflemen!!!   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Two Wolves

Congratulations to all!!!  O0

Pop, looks like you knocked another one out of the park!  &)

See ya soon, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

aggie

Glad to see The Patches going to some hard working, persevering individuals.

I suspect that Jason has several different colored hats in his future, orange, red, green ...

Gunilda

Congrats to three new Riflemen and taking the OH.  Kudos Jason, your hard work and determination is a blessing to Appleseed.  Still look forward to working with Pop.
Quail Creek - 4/17/2011

Texas Rifleman

WOW !!
What a shoot.
Glad I made the trip up the this part of the country.
Met and made some more great friends on the AS trail.
Got to "Baptize" some trigger fingers with some genuine North Bridge Water that my son was able to bring me back from a trip up there this summer. As promised one score jumped by over 30 points.
Pop - you're the best. Thanks for your guidance and understanding with us "rookies", You set the bar high and that  is as it should be. I am proud to call you friend/brother.
Jason - Always great to see you and many congrats on the patch. Can't wait to see you in an orange hat. You can do it. (Thanks for giving my rifle a nickname). You asked early on "Can I use the magic Rifle" ha-ha   A name like that will surely inspire confidence in all who use it in the future, especially the younger shooters.
John - You are a heck of a guy, so glad I met you and people like you (True Americans) are still out there in America making   a difference. Can't wait to instruct with you again out on the trail somewhere. Come to Texas when you can and bring  Nathan with you. We'll treat you right !  You raised one heck of a fine young man.
Nathan/Professor - Dude !!!! You are going to make one heck of an instructor. You cracked us up all weekend.                      one heck of a young man and I am proud to call you my friend. Hope to see
                                                          you and your Dad again soon. Send us a picture when you get your Orange Hat.
                                                         Congrats on making the patch and more importantly taking that next step by accepting
                                                        the orange hat. The program NEEDS young men like you.
Patrick - Congrats on the patch (I never had even 1 second of doubt you wouldn't do it on the first AQT) and Thanks for taking the hat.
                 You and your brother have a great range and ya'll are great guys. Can't wait to get to Bald Knob again and shoot with ya'll.
                 Without a doubt or question you are one of the BEST shooters I have ever come across on the Appleseed trail.

Shoots like this are why I joined the program!!!
3 rifleman forged and more importantly 2 Orange Hats.
I could not be happier or more pleased with how the weekend turned out !
Bill3 and Amy, thanks for checking in on us. Bald Knob is a little closer to you guys than Little Rock so we may need your help down here again soon.
Next time will be a whole different shoot because now you know us and we know ya'll.
Thanks to everyone.
David
Texas Rifleman
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Texas Rifleman

Pop is like a freaking Appleseed Ninja, he's everywhere  :)
Davilla - 5/09

sleepy Joe

I guess we could learn a thing or two from him
By the numbers

SigEp7182003

Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

Texas Rifleman

Great pic, I have seen these done where someone holds a rifle in the standing position and it "shadows" onto the flags. Something we might consider next time.
Davilla - 5/09

Quinncannon

David, thanks for the kind words, and I know you mean them! You are no doubt a great American as well, and is quite evident by your devotion to Appleseed and our country!

I have to say I was touched by your story of your son collecting the water from the North Bridge, and we Appleseeders lining up to have our trigger fingers Baptized! Between some shooting your "Magic Rifle" and the North Bridge Water, scores jumped dramatically!

I hope to see you and Pop on the Appleseed trail again soon!

"This we"ll defend"

V.E.T.S. Shooting Center

This program is so advantageous to the productivity of today's young adults. What an opportunity for family bonding. Thanks John, Jason, Pop, David, Nathan, and all the other participants.  I wanted to open this range to work with youth and new shooters. Until now most of it has been people who already "know" how to shoot. :wb: Thanks for the introduction Pop. What a program.

spitstickler

Looks like an awesome event! I will find a way to sneak over to Arkansas one of these days.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

POP

V.E.T.S. Shooting Center

A Great Place to Be An American.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Quinncannon

Thanks POP for the stop watch, I have finally learned to use it, thanks to ProfessorG(Nathan) ;D
"This we"ll defend"

scuzzy

Good going! 3 Riflemen out of 6 shooters. Muy Bueno.

Vaya con dios mi amigo.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Texas Rifleman

3 out of 6.
Maybe them Arkansas boys can shoot  :~
Davilla - 5/09

POP

One of the pics below shows Nathan (Professor. G) helping dad (Quinncannon) in the fine art of running the stop watch.  Admittedly, this is not as easy as it looks for us older guys  ::).  That is to say I never got along with that stop watch.  So, I gave it to Quinncannon (it was the only thing I could do  ::)).  When he had trouble with it his son Professor. G stepped in to save the day. 
Thanks Nathan.

Quote from: Quinncannon on September 13, 2011, 07:29:25 PM
Thanks POP for the stop watch, I have finally learned to use it, thanks to ProfessorG(Nathan) ;D
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10