News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX Sept 17-18, 2011 AAR

Started by sleepy Joe, September 19, 2011, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy Joe

We returned to Cawthorn Cartridge Club for another successful event Saturday and Sunday. one new Rifleman and others knocking on the door. It was a safe event and I would like to thank all the attendees for following the safety rules and having a teachable attitude.

Thanks to the landowner Steve for hosting and Steve (Sir Not Appearing In This Film) for helping me run another Appleseed.

We had 7 shooters on Saturday, and 8 on Sunday.
Karl made a Rifleman score on Saturday and backed it up several times on Sunday.
Thomas was a returning shooter that helped a great deal so I want to thank him as well.

We sent 131 rounds down range on Saturday and 311 on Sunday.
it got pretty hot so we took it easy and completed 6 AQTs and drank plenty of liquids.
Again thanks to all the participants and those who helped make it another successfull Appleseed.   Steve (SNAITF) took some photos and will post theme here in a bit.
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

I forgot to mention that Saturday morning the well that supplied the bathrooms had some issue so there was no water for the toilets so we had to make a make shift bathroom for the ladies.
Steve spend a bunch of money and got a well expert out there and by noon they had it working and there was much rejoicing.   Hats off to Steve S. for always taking care of the Appleseed needs.
By the numbers

TX_Gal

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  Joe & Steve for another awesome Appleseed shoot! These guys did a fantastic job teaching (and reteaching) the skills and history that Appleseed is all about.  O0

Personally, I made great improvements from my AQT score in the 130's last December to my new high of 186! AND a cleared Redman at the end of Sunday! Whoot!  ^:)^

I can't wait to to see those photos.

You guys rock!

sleepy Joe

Yes Cindy and Karl shot a perfect Hits count target (Red Coat target) at the end of the day on Sunday.  Congratulations and keep enhancing those rifleman skills ..... dry fire works.
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: sleepy Joe on September 19, 2011, 11:03:38 PM
Steve this is where you can post photos

Yes, it is.

Some from Saturday:

Does this T-shirt make me look fat?

More to come...
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Quote from: sleepy Joe on September 20, 2011, 09:16:07 PM
Thanks SNAITF good photos of the event

You betcha.

More from Saturday...

Tom is always helpful, always sharing and always persisting.

What? A SATURDAY Rifleman? At his first Appleseed?

YES!!!!  Congratulations Karl! That's a 213 on his first AQT.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

sleepy Joe

Yes congratulations Karl  ... Cindy is on her way.
By the numbers

Sunday morning we saw something called rain in the distance.

The clouds moved on though and the sun persisted.

He worked on chicken wing in the next course of fire.

A little Chinese AK action.

Those AK mags sure are long...

Ladyseed Man Slave

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

TxGalsGuy

SNAITF and Sleepy Joe, you guys rock.  Thanks for all of your work and dedication, and great photos too.  Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

sleepy Joe

By the numbers