News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rio Rancho Sept 17-18 needs instructors!!

Started by BlueFeather, September 04, 2011, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFeather

Rio Rancho has 4 pre-reg right now and NO instructors.  I am already scheduled to work Raton... can anyone step-up to do this?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

oladcock

I can't, got a hunter ed class that weekend. Who's scheduling these shoots but not signing up to drive the bus?....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

nmmi9100

Chris (Devnull) scheduled all the Rio Rancho shoots.  Pretty much one every other month.

Roy (Gideon) scheduled all the Albuquerque shoots.  Pretty much one every other month.

I'm running my Edgewood shoot 10-11 Sept.  Then helping Dan and Gill in Raton on 17-18 Sept.

-David
Edgewood, NM

oladcock

:) Wasn't a complaint, just curious. Here in the SE, we've never sat down and come up with any formal plan or strategy but before I schedule one in Roswell, I make sure I can work it and touch base with other area instructors to make sure it doesn't conflict with what they have planned in their areas. We don't get too many folks that travel more than 50 miles (but have), other than instructors, but if we ran 2 on the same weekend or within a week or two of each other, we'd have problems spreading instructors too thin. From Sept till May, we try to schedule one per month between Roswell, Carlsbad, and Alamo. That's 9 shoots within 150 miles and seems to be working well. FYI, stuff like the hunter ed is where I draw many of the participants. After they teach them to be safe, I sell Appleseed as these guys will teach you to shoot! Which hunter ed does not do. I hand out trifolds and Red Coats to whet their interest.

If push comes to shove, I'll see if I can shake off this HE class but with another AS 2 weeks later I may be stretching finances too far...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

duc-dog

Roy if you can SB this thing I'll come up and lend a hand.  This will really put me in a bind time-wise and I don't want to drive the big truck up with all the junk to put on a shoot.  The wife can't make it so it might be just the 2 of us.  I can't get there untill Saturday morning.   We need to get a plan in place for the December shoot.
       Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Jerry Hall

I'll be in Blackfoot, Idaho vacationing and helping with that shoot Sept 17-18.

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

duc-dog

I went ahead and ordered a Shoot box.  Just to get it on the list.   If we need anything else let me know before it ships and I will add it.
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Shooter

I've signed up to work as IIT, but I gotta tell ya, between working two shoots in Sept., a gun show and Ladyseed in October, I'm stretched to the limits.

All for the cause...

Shooter
Elaine

Gideon

Sorry folks, I will be Shoot Boss.  I had to check on some things associated with the the Del Norte shoot.

Duc-Dog, thanks for having my back.  I have Shooter as an IIT and I will be sending out a request for support this morning.  I believe I may have another IIT on board too.

Gideon

nmmi9100

Roy:

With Chris gone, are you looking at maybe 2 shoots next year at the City range and 2 shoots at Del Norte?  Or maybe 3 shoots at the City range and 1 at Del Norte?

Any comparison between turnout at the City Range versus Del Norte?

I'm planning on running 2 shoots in Edgewood next year.

-David

Gideon

Honestly, I was thinking of having 4 shoots at the city range,  but Del Norte does have pretty consistant turn out, so I think I'm going to have to reconsider that.  Del Norte is a wonderful host and they support PAS with open arms.  I was planning on joining, I guess this will be the motivation needed to follow through.

2 shoots in Edgewood!   O0  David where are your other 2 shoots gonna be?   &)

I'll make a deal with you, work with me and I'll get one in Socorro next year.   ;)

Roy

nmmi9100

Yep, Del Norte supports Appleseed with open arms.  But the range is a two hour drive, morning and night from me.  And if it rains or snows, you can't get in or even worse, can't get out.  And it's a sandbox.

You do what you want on scheduling.  I think that with the level of IIT and RH participation we have around here, as well as marketing and attendance, we'll do just as well with 2 shoots per venue, 3 tops.  Edgewood can handle 2.  City range could probably handle 3.  Wouldn't think more than 1 or 2 at Del Norte would be needed. 

Del Norte would be more interesting if they'd let us shoot steel at distance.  Might be able to pull more shooters too if we could offer full distance steel.  But they won't so the only advantage that range has (full distance) is mitigated by remoteness and crappy roads.

I'd be interested in ZIA if we could do some Full Distance steel there.  I think that's one of our big weakness in Albuquerque, no capacity for the full distance component.  And since we all have steel AQT-sized plates, it would be easy to setup if the range allowed it.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Gideon

David, I'll look in to Zia.  If we are to do a shoot at Zia, I believe we will need support from 4 AS'ers.  I have developed what I believe to be a viable plan to address their safety concerns.  I'll start working towards that end.

I didn't pursue Zia after I was able to schedule 5 shoots at the city range this year, but I think Zia would be an attractive event.

Gideon

WindRider

Zia has a full Camp Perry style (big targets that go up and down from workers in a trench) range out to 600 yards, with intermediate steel at I think 50 or 100 yard intervals.  Getting permission etc is a whole nother issue I know nothing about.  Their Sept-Oct calendar is pretty full, but there are some holes.  They have a lot of events and competitions going on this time of year at least.

Zia is 1.5 hours away for me, Albuquerque City Range is 2 hours, Del Norte is 2.5 hours.