News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Bellevue, MI Aug 27-28, 2011

Started by ITB, August 30, 2011, 05:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Another great event at Bellevue!

We had a great bunch of shooters, that all came with positive, teachable attitudes.  Thanks to all of you who got off the couch and spend the weekend with us.

We made one new Rifleman, three new Orange Hats, and a new bunch of friends.

Congratulations to Robert, our newest Rifleman, and one of our three new Orange Hats!  A Rifleman persists, and you stuck with it, did not get frustrated, and achieved your goal.

Thanks also to two veteran Appleseeders, Todd and Larry, for stepping up to accept the Orange Hat!  I'm looking forward to working with you along the Appleseed trail.

Several shooters are knocking at the door - including Gary and Tyler.  Just as Robert demonstrated, persistence, practice and patience will get you to that Rifleman patch.

Special thanks to the instructors.  You guys make my job as Shoot Boss much easier.  I appreciate your time, efforts, and assistance in making this event a success.

Thank you to Larry, our host, and to Centerline of Calhoun County.  This was our fourth event here this year, and we just added a fifth - October 22-23, 2011.  Centerline is a wonderful facility, and they cook up some tasty lunches to keep our bellies full.

I did not have my camera along, so no pics yet.  Everyone who had a camera, please post pics!
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

mac66

I was very impressed with the shooters this week. All came ready to drink from the fire hose of knowledge.

Let's not forget Kevin who was grooving very tight groups on a slide action, tube fed 22. if not for that challenge he would be wearing a patch today.  Also Kristin, Dave and Troy who were absorbing everything like a sponge. A few more AQTs and they will be knocking on the door. It was a pleasure working with them.

Also Lew and Lester. Both good shots who are close to putting it all together.

I got a chance to work with one of the two Aarons whom I dubbed "Aaron The Great". He grabbed a moment of his busy schedule and walked in on Saturday. He showed me some good stuff and would have been in the running had he been able to return on Sunday. Look forward to seeing him at another shoot.

In the end, it is not the shooting that matters, it is the time we spend sharing our common heritage and comradery.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

MI-copperhead

What a great time learning both correct shooting and history. A top flight group of instructors and a top flight range ( the hot lunches were a welcome change from the pb sandwich I had brought with me ). If I had any regret it was that I didnt shoot up to the level of rifle I brought with me :wb:. But now I know the things I am doing wrong, and what I need to do to correct them (Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, follow through, ball and dummy, among others). I also figured out what other items I need to bring with me (elbow pads, a chair, a stapler, and a shooters jacket if I bring that "big boys rifle") I shall return ( purchased the Rifleman Oppportunity Card  O0  ) as many times as necessary to get that Rifleman patch. I'm definately going to spread the word on Appleseed. Thanks to you all for a great weekend (including the "tactical" pen  8) Micki )

Earl / MI-Copperhead
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

mac66

Quote from: MI-copperhead on August 30, 2011, 03:29:25 PM
What a great time learning both correct shooting and history. A top flight group of instructors and a top flight range ( the hot lunches were a welcome change from the pb sandwich I had brought with me ). If I had any regret it was that I didnt shoot up to the level of rifle I brought with me :wb:. But now I know the things I am doing wrong, and what I need to do to correct them (Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, follow through, ball and dummy, among others). I also figured out what other items I need to bring with me (elbow pads, a chair, a stapler, and a shooters jacket if I bring that "big boys rifle") I shall return ( purchased the Rifleman Oppportunity Card  O0  ) as many times as necessary to get that Rifleman patch. I'm definately going to spread the word on Appleseed. Thanks to you all for a great weekend (including the "tactical" pen  8) Micki )

Earl / MI-Copperhead

Earl, a Rifleman persists. It was inspiring watching you pound away on that M1a. I don't think I could have lasted as long as you did. Hope to see you at another shoot soon. If you are ever interested I have a 22 set up like my M1a you are welcome to borrow even if just for the drills.  Might save you some bucks on ammo.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Swamp Thing

Well now, another practically perfect weekend in Bellevue. An instructor can get spoiled by this kind of stuff. I should add that not only were we getting spoiled by the weather but also by the outstanding teachable attitudes of the students.  O0

Here's just a few things that really stood out in my mind...

Kevin, you did a great job working that tuber all weekend. Keep it up. BTW though, I do remember scoring you for a 200 when you switched to a 10/22. Remember, rifles don't get jealous if you have more than one. :cool2:

Sam I Am, trust your NPOA and quit fussing around once you've got it. You put a bunch of great groups together when you trusted that NPOA, now just keep on it. If not, I'll be standing behind you next time with a clown bat  ;D

Chris, while you were only there on Saturday, you were learning by leaps and bounds! We really hope to see you back again, and bring family and friends. @@)

Copperhead, my friend you were riding the bull all weekend on the big boy rifle. Keep that check list going that you were talking about but know that you showed up with the single most important thing you needed to bring....a teachable attitude. Sir, you were a sponge on both days! No doubt you'll have a new patch soon. :---

Country Cow Nurse (great name BTW), what I just said to Copperhead above...Ditto!! Keep bangin' away, you'll get there.

There's lots of other achievements I noticed by all the students but I'll wrap up this little novel with a last but not least....

Usul, so you woke up Sunday morning and decided that today was the day. You drove for 2 hours to walk on, shot a 219, took a rifleman's patch and an orange hat. It was a good day indeed. And on top of all that, you're the guy who brought me to my first shoot. Welcome aboard. Huzzah!!"

ST

Rascal21

Hey ST! You have my permission on the Clown Bat :) That's exactly what I told her when I talked to her Saturday night, "Settle Down and relax, it will happen!" Apparently listening to mom isn't high on the priority list  :slap:

I have lots of pictures from Mom of this weekend, still weeding through them all, will post them later.

Can't wait until October!! New gun = new frame of mind. Already putting some nice groups on paper with her. Hey, maybe we will even have that S word on the ground, would love to get the blue patch ;D

Superheat

Yes, another great weekend at Bellevue.  This range must be blessed, four times with no rain to speak of.  Sunday came and I felt like I was saying good bye to old friends. 
Chris and Cliff you need to come back and bring some more families.   Earl you took a lot of hits from that M1A and kept on smiling, you are an inspiration.  Lew your 209 was heart breaking.  Come back and lets get you over the top.  Tyler, 200 is right on the bubble. Dry fire my friend.  Lester keep on holding that trigger back.  3dogs I believe you are ruined for a stock rifle. 
The most impressive part of the weekend was working with the Junior shooters.  It was yes sir and thank you.  I am still blown away at how Nick, Troy, Gibson and SamIam conducted themselves.  Their parents should be proud.  They give me hope for the future.   O0

Raising Old Glory

Talking targets

Hawkhaven and Captain Parker

3rd Strike

Shutterbug

Squeeeeeeeze Larry

Double mint position recap

Sunday recap

Mother Batherick

USUL OUR PERSISTENT RIFLEMAN

USUL AND REDDOG new IIT's

Larry our other new orange hat

Rascal21

Rascal21

Usul

thanks for the photo posts! i'm excited to get working and do my part.  :)

ITB

Thanks all for uploading the pics!  Avatar duly changed.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Rascal21

Loved the shot of the "Boss" shooting the PINK gun :) Had to post it!!! :---

Getting quite a few of those Pink guns on the line lately!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!

Miki

WOW, what a weekend. Glad I finally got to a shoot at Bellevue. What a nice range!

And what better way to spend a weekend? Hanging out with patriots and patriotic minions, shooting rifles, learning history. Does it get any better?

MI-copperhead, make good use of that tactical pen, remember 'perfect practice makes perfect'. I could throw in some 'others' like, 'don't let perfect be the enemy of good enough' and 'slow is smooth and smooth is fast'...but you get the idea.

Burbs, oh yeah, you and the PINK rifle. What can I say? 'Shoot like a girl, IF you can' comes to mind.

Welcome to all the new IITs. Congrats, now get to work!

All the shooters showed marked improvement over the weekend. Keep at it. A rifleman persists. Hope to see you all again. And hope to be there when you earn those patches!

MI-copperhead

I've been working on the curing my flinch, NPOA, and trigger squeeze, in preparation for the October shoot, and here are the latest results. The first four shots are at bottom of picture, after a sight adjustment the next 6 were very pleasing. Still more things to work on but I'm getting there. Barring anything unforeseen, I'll see you all in Bellevue in late October !  O0
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

mac66

Quote from: MI-copperhead on September 21, 2011, 12:11:03 PM
I've been working on the curing my flinch, NPOA, and trigger squeeze, in preparation for the October shoot, and here are the latest results. The first four shots are at bottom of picture, after a sight adjustment the next 6 were very pleasing. Still more things to work on but I'm getting there. Barring anything unforeseen, I'll see you all in Bellevue in late October !  O0

Wow, you are getting there Copperhead. Keep working it. Nice group!
Ronald Reagan