News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alaska Gun Shows

Started by bob 210, August 27, 2011, 12:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Are there any gun shows scheduled before the October 15-16 Appleseed? I think I saw a listing about a Gun Show October 8-9, in Palmer Fairgrounds? Are there any others? It would be nice to get a table at a local gun show and promote the upcomin event. Anybody interested?

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Kaylee

I wouldn't mind putting in a day at the table handing out flyers. Palmer's a short drive from Anchorage.

What's the process for getting it set up though? Is that a national thing?

bob 210

If I get enough volunteers, then we just need to make the phone call. Who else is interested?

Quote from: Kaylee on August 27, 2011, 11:13:04 PM
I wouldn't mind putting in a day at the table handing out flyers. Palmer's a short drive from Anchorage.

What's the process for getting it set up though? Is that a national thing?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Rafn

Mooseneck

I could put some time in as well...
"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

bob 210

OK, so here is what I have.....if this is incorrect let me know.

Sat

Kaylee
Rafn
Josh Holloway

Sun

Mooseneck
Rafn

Kaylee

Works for me - just say where and when to show up, and if I need to bring anything. :)

George Hacker

Rafn, Mooseneck, and Kaylee,

Thank you for your efforts to get Appleseed growing in your state.  I am located in the Pacific Northwest and it is a pleasure to see what you are doing from afar.  I wish I could come up and help, but who knows what the future will hold?  :)

Well done, you three!

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Mooseneck

Can't wait...Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Josh Holloway

I guess I need to be checking the board a little more often!  I didn't catch this until just now.

What could I do to help?  I can help run a table.

Thanks for your efforts, Bob.
"A Republic-- if you can keep it"

bob 210

Josh, which day(s) could you help man the table?

Quote from: Josh Holloway on September 02, 2011, 05:12:13 AM
I guess I need to be checking the board a little more often!  I didn't catch this until just now.

What could I do to help?  I can help run a table.

Thanks for your efforts, Bob.

Josh Holloway

It doesn't really matter which day (I probably couldn't afford 2 days off from work) but if I had to decide then I guess Saturday.

Kaylee

Gentlemen -

I'm afraid I'll be in Boston on that Saturday, and won't be able to join you.
I will be back in time for the AS the next week though. I hope to see you there!

-J

Mooseneck

Hi All,
Just checking on the status of the booth at the gun show in Palmer...Are there any details available yet? I'm happy to help any way I can...Kaylee, sorry that you won't make it, but I'm looking forward to the AS shoot as well, and will see you there. Cheers...Bob "Mooseneck" O

Josh Holloway

It looks like, as of this morning, the OCT event is SOLD OUT.  Would we be better off investing time and resources to a show in the future that would be a prelude to an OPEN, space available, event?  Anyone we get excited at this time would only be frustrated that they couldn't attend the OCT event the following weekend and then likely forget about the program before the far-off April event.
???????????????????????????????????????????????

ItsanSKS

Actually, you could use the fact that the event is already sold out as a selling point-  people tend to be more interested in attending buying something that others are interested in, after all.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that Gun Shows aren't all that great as a direct marketing campaign- meaning that people that express interest at the show aren't necessarily going to sign up for the event when they get home.  I have found that collecting their email address at the show, then emailing them a few days or a week later, to re-introduce them to Appleseed, is a far better approach.  YMMV.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

SavageShootr

Josh.

You could collect email addresses, then send an email prior to the April event. Let people know that the April 'seed is a special event.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Josh Holloway

Good point with the emailing, ItsanSKS and SS.

SavageShootr

Sorry Erik! I should read the posts before I post.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

I've got a call into the gun show folks, but Josh does have a good point. The Oct AK event is sold out as far as pre-reg numbers show. If I don;t get a return call from the gun show folks, it won't be all bad to set up for the next gun show to promote the April 19th Chugiak Appleseed. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Josh Holloway

There are gunshows scheduled regularly so we ought to be able to time one for optimum effect.  The biggest and best is, in my opinion, the Wasilla high school show.  It's in the spring.. The timing would be good to promote the April event.

Mooseneck

And don't forget the Alaskan Rite of Spring - The Sportsman's Show...This gets huge numbers of folks of all ages and I think it is the weekend or two before the April Shoot. I know I won't miss it, nor would any of my shooting/fishing/boating friends. I'm getting psyched for the October Appleseed - building a new rifle right now that should make it easier on my neck. Problem is my daughter wants one now. I'm creating a clan of shooters and I'm lovin' it...

Josh Holloway

There's a lot worse things your daughter could be wanting!

Good point about the Sportsman's show.

KrazyKLR

bob- I just moved up here not too long ago. Is it a go with the table at the gun show in Palmer this wk end? If so, let me know how I can help   8)

Mooseneck

Hey KrazyKLR,
I haven't heard anything for sure...I'm waiting for clear marching orders myself. I get the feeling (for what its worth) that we may not do the gun show as the Oct shoot has sold out, though as Bob210 pointed out, it would be a good chance to push the April shoot, and let folks know about Appleseed at the very least. Can anyone give us a "go, no go" on the Palmer gun show? BTW, when I was at Birchwood shooting on Monday, a fellow was handing out flyers for the show...

bob 210

Folks, this is not a go. We will try and get a table at the next show to promote the April 19th weekend Chugiak Appleseed. I'll keep you updated.