News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Word From Alabama

Started by jmdavis, April 28, 2011, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

I just got off of the phone with bama. He says that he's talked to most of the Alabama cadre and they are ok. Power's out, phones are down, cell towers are on generators, but it's good to know that they are OK.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Dinky Dao

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Ratchett

Praise be to God!!

Thanks for sharing the info JM O0

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

AZOpie

Now, there's some good news for your day!   O0

SavageShootr

PTL for answered Prayers.

Alabama and all of the states hit hard by these recent storms are remaining in my Prayers.

jmdavis. Thank You for the great news!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Cooper

Thanks be to God!  Been praying for them all day, and will continue to do so...
Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

TruTenacity

Thanks for posting to let us know.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Garand69

I thought we were good until about an hour ago, We haven't heard from 3 Family members yet in Cordova AL. We have any BOTG in the Cordova/Walker Co area???
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pop Revere

It's hard to believe how bad things were last night. My family and I made it just fine here in Gadsden. I hope everyone is OK. My wife and I will keep everyone in our prayers.
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

SavageShootr

AR-Mike. Good to hear that all is well with you in that area.

G69. Your family is in my Prayers. God Bless.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

jmdavis

Quote from: Garand69 on April 28, 2011, 11:21:33 PM
I thought we were good until about an hour ago, We haven't heard from 3 Family members yet in Cordova AL. We have any BOTG in the Cordova/Walker Co area???

G69,

When I talked with Derek this morning. He had just arrived to make emergency repairs on a cell tower that was already under generator power. It is very possible that a number of towers are inoperable by now due to fuel situations.

Your family will be in my prayers.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

alonso1

Thanks for the information.

I've been worried sick about the Alabama crew.  Let's keep them in our prayers.

4merUSMC1803

To Our Fellow Appleseeders,

On behalf of the AL cadre, Thank You All so much for your concern and prayers!  It  really means a lot to us here in Alabama.  I'm now down on the coast, getting ready for the Mobile AS, and thus have better communications capability than my brethern in central & north AL.  South AL came through the storms unscathed, all the bad stuff cut swaths from the SW to the NE, with Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and Gadsden taking the major hits from the"monster" tornado". Massive search & rescue efforts are now underway.   
G69, as far as I've heard, there was a lot of damage in Walker County, but no fatalities.  Power and phones are still out and will be for several days.  As jmdavis mentioned, communications via landline & cell phones (and computers) are severly degraded at this time. If you want to PM me with contact info, I'll try to see if some of my Walker Co contacts can check on your Cordova relatives. 
I spoke with Bama this morning as he was driving to work, since he has neither power nor internet service at home, he asked me to let everyone know, on the forum, that members of the AL cadre are physically fine, in spite of massive power outages & lack of communications.  He also gives thanks for keeping us in your prayers. 
Again, Thanks!
4merUSMC1803

D Lawley

Western Rose

Thanks for the update!

Will continue to pray.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

jmdavis

Thanks Darrell. Good luck with the AS.

Garand69

Thanks for the reports and PM's.

We have located 2, still have not heard from the third. Fingers crossed
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

sashok.privetov

There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

Garand69

All accounted for thank God ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

TruTenacity

That is good news, G69. 
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Pop Revere

To G69 I'm so glad to hear that everyone is accounted for. Here's a quick update from my area in NE Alabama. The Gadsden area was spared a direct hit from the same tornado that came from Miss. and hit Tuscaloosa & B'ham. Areas around us were not so lucky. The Glencoe-Websters Chapel area took a hit. The Rainsville-Fyfe-Ft. Payne area in Dekalb Co. got hit very hard. Many deaths confirmed. My family and I feel very fortunate but at the same time we are very shocked and saddened by what has happened. The pictures and video I've seen are just so horrible that I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry to repeat news that by now most of you know. I just want everyone to know that my prayers and thoughts go out to all of you, your families, and your communities, and the whole State of Alabama. If I can be of help to anyone please don't hesitate to pm me. God Bless Alabama and God Bless America!

Mike  :'(
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022