News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The official Memphis area thread

Started by dart67eb, May 07, 2010, 11:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Just a spot to list Memphis area stuff...

1.  I've been working on Andrew Clark Sr from WREG 4-7pm.  I've emailed him with info and called his show yesterday and asked if he wanted to talk about Appleseed.  He said on the air that he hasn't looked it over yet but he will get back to me.  If there's anybody else that gets his show, call in and ask him about it.

2.  We have shoots coming up at the Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club's new range in Como, MS.  (by Sardis Lake) July 10-11 and Sep 25-26.  We have 30 slots and I can't see why we won't fill them.  There should be a flyer coming out shortly. 

3.  JP and I spoke to some fine folks from the TGO boards Memphis area at RangeUSA a couple of weeks ago.  Some interest. 

Anybody have anything new?
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Idahoser

FYI: the new host of the afternoon drive-time show is named Andrew Clarksenior.  I used to think it was Clark, Sr. but not so.  The last name is Clarksenior.

I don't get a chance to listen to his whole show and even then not every day, but I enjoy his show much more than either of the previous two who had that time slot.

I was unaware until I read your post that we had something close by, so yes, definitely I'd like to hear/see more advertising. Maybe a billboard.  I know cost has to be considered but if the word doesn't get out you only reach those who already know.
Step 1: Repeal the 17th Amendment!

dart67eb

I'm waiting on the MS state coordinator determined451 to get it loaded and get a flyer up so I can start spreading the word.

dart67eb

The Como shoots are listed!  Come on down!

dart67eb

I am supposed to have a chance to present Appleseed to the MSSA executive committee in Dec.  The MSSA is in Arlington and is the area's premier facility.  Wish me luck!

Idahoser

Good luck!  The facility is tailor made for Appleseed.  Surely there's already a bunch of people that use it but this would let us city rats have no excuse not to play.
Step 1: Repeal the 17th Amendment!

Halsyon005

Quote from: dart67eb on October 18, 2010, 10:25:31 PM
I am supposed to have a chance to present Appleseed to the MSSA executive committee in Dec.  The MSSA is in Arlington and is the area's premier facility.  Wish me luck!

I've heard they are not the most cooperative bunch, how did that presentation go for you?  :wall:
"Choose the hard right, over the easy wrong."  US Army NCOA

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

The most fundamental right - is the right to exist; it is the right not to be exterminated - - Sarah Connor

magnificant Tales of Survival at www.jerrydyoung.com

"I'm not complaining, you have to expect the first Apocalypse to be a little rough on people, once we get a few of these under our belts, I'm sure things will smooth out nicely."  MikeyEllis

What ever happened to "Live Free or Die"?  Have we forgotten, or do we just not care anymore?

dart67eb

Never had the opportunity.  I called out MSSA on the radio on Friday.

Halsyon005

Quote from: dart67eb on March 20, 2011, 02:43:35 PM
Never had the opportunity.  I called out MSSA on the radio on Friday.

That's good, but they are no the kind of crowd to be strongly influenced by it.

We need to get a passle of members to come to the Board meeting, at the same time,
and you be ready to present then too

The most fundamental right - is the right to exist; it is the right not to be exterminated - - Sarah Connor

"I'm not complaining, you have to expect the first Apocalypse to be a little rough on people, once we get a few of these under our belts, I'm sure things will smooth out nicely."  MikeyEllis

What ever happened to "Live Free or Die"?  Have we forgotten, or do we just not care anymore?

Halsyon005

I'm back!  woohoo  %)

Will be at the Como shoot Aug. 14